• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Converting M4P to MP3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    But M4P - has a P - for protected....
    I once sent my CV to an agent as a .rtf file and he said he couldn't open it as he had to have a Word file, and Word files were .doc. So, without re-opening the file, I renamed it to .doc and sent it again. He replied that he was now able to open it. I couldn't be bothered to point out that he just hadn't tried the first time.

Moral: file extensions are essentially irrelevant; interpretations of file extensions doubly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Hi

Can anyone recommend some good / safe (preferably free) software to convert iTunes M4P files to MP3?

I don't have access to iTunes, so I can't do it within that.

Thanks
      Moose
      To return to the original question: assuming it's music you bought from iTunes before DRM was removed in 2009, the easiest way is to use iTunes to delete and re-download your purchases. But that involves installing iTunes, and assumes you have access to the original account used to make the purchase.

If you really don't want to use iTunes, there's a thing called myFairTunes, and this Softpedia page mentions some alternatives: myFairTunes6 Download

But I haven't used it, and don't know whether it's trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
      X