• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cordless electrical mowers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cordless electrical mowers

Any bloody good? Spotted them today at B and the Q when looking at the petrol ones. Now have a decent size garden (bit not big enough for a ride on ) so wondering if any one else has gone the cordless mower route.

Ones I looked at were Bosch 410 (£399) and Ryobi(£359) so not cheap and there plenty of good petrol ones at around £200 mark.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

No. Petrol all the way, Hayter.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Petrol all the way. A lot harder to upset your neighbours with an electric one.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'll get the butler to ask the grounds keeper....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'll get the butler to ask the grounds keeper....
          Mine is a legitimate business expense, so I kept the receipt
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

qh

Comment

There was a BBC program on them a week or so ago.

I will do a search on iPlayer and get back to you.

OK I found it - official linky is not available on iPlayer. However if you go to a well-known online video site and put in the search box "what to buy and why bbc" then you can see what is available. Start watching from 22:08 in the video.

Anyway a brief summary - buy the Bosch
              Last edited by SueEllen; 16 February 2016, 19:23.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ive got the Bosch with two batteries. Its fantastic, light easy to move about and generally much less hassle than my petrol one.

The first cut of the year may take two batteries but after that keeping on top of it once a week it only takes one battery. We have 3 gardens, the back and side are about the size of two tennis courts, the front is a typical small front garden.

One thing, you have to push them, so no help from the motor. But its so light its not a problem.

I paid about 500 quid for my one last year.

Comment

Petrol is my view. It stops the better half trashing the electric mower by using it in the rain.

Comment

Well it would see that the (Bosch) 37 Li one has been discontinued an replaced with the the Bosch 410 Li I saw in B&Q.

Cheers all.

qh
                    Last edited by quackhandle; 17 February 2016, 20:20. Reason: Bosch!

Comment

Working...
                    X