• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum feature request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum feature request

Dear Mr admin

Is it possible to have machine specific settings for images/avatars/sigs? I spend half my life turning off and on depending whether I'm in the office or at home.

Ta muchly
    mudskipper x

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Dear Mr admin

Is it possible to have machine specific settings for images/avatars/sigs? I spend half my life turning off and on depending whether I'm in the office or at home.

Ta muchly
    mudskipper x
    Does the site use cookies? I assume it does (can't remember reading a stupid cookie warning that I ignore on every other site)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm with MS on this one. Would be nice to have a text-only version.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Does the site use cookies? I assume it does (can't remember reading a stupid cookie warning that I ignore on every other site)
        Must do, as it persists login.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I'm with MS on this one. Would be nice to have a text-only version.
          Me to would be nice to have a Json api feed.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            It uses a cookie to identify you, and thereby access your account settings on the server. As the cookie is required for the correct operation of the site, there's no legal requirement to notify users of it and obtain consent

If only more sites would realise that's the case. In fact, according to the ICO advice, there are hardly any circumstances under which a cookie warning is needed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It uses a cookie to identify you, and thereby access your account settings on the server. As the cookie is required for the correct operation of the site, there's no legal requirement to notify users of it and obtain consent

If only more sites would realise that's the case. In fact, according to the ICO advice, there are hardly any circumstances under which a cookie warning is needed
              You are required to tell users if you are using cookies AFAIK, doesn't CUK do that?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Dear Mr admin

Ta muchly
                mudskipper x
                I suspect a custom vBulletin plugin would be able to support that, but it would be non-trivial to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  You are required to tell users if you are using cookies AFAIK, doesn't CUK do that?
                  BZZZZT! Wrong

According to the ICO, "There is an exception for cookies that are essential to provide an online service at someone’s request (eg to remember what’s in their online basket, or to ensure security in online banking)." By logging in to CUK you are requesting the provision of those aspects of the service that are unavailable to non-logged-in users, therefore the cookie that supports that is exempt.

N.B. IANAL and this does not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    BZZZZT! Wrong

According to the ICO, "There is an exception for cookies that are essential to provide an online service at someone’s request (eg to remember what’s in their online basket, or to ensure security in online banking)." By logging in to CUK you are requesting the provision of those aspects of the service that are unavailable to non-logged-in users, therefore the cookie that supports that is exempt.

N.B. IANAL and this does not constitute legal advice
                    Ah ok didn't know that. Im suprised any site has a warning then as they could just say it's essential (to provide you with better targeted ads :-) ).

Comment

Working...
                    X