• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Any link to that webinar?

Can't see anything that gives the switch away, only an AP.
    This one

https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/si...firewalls/4896
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"Qualified attendees receive a free Meraki access point."

I've got one of those - I was hoping that somewhere they were still doing the free switch
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

"Qualified attendees receive a free Meraki access point."

I've got one of those - I was hoping that somewhere they were still doing the free switch
        Oops,

Wrong one

https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/si...switching/5068

Qualified attendees will receive a free Cisco Meraki MS220-8P switch with a 3-year cloud management license for joining.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Already got the AP, lets see if I can get the switch too
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Wonder if we can get the MODS to change the thread title to the Official Meraki Thread

Still looking to actually buy one of their MX Routers though too
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Already got the AP, lets see if I can get the switch too
              Just had a phone call from them and they confirmed that I was eligible and they'll get one out to me after the webinar
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Just had a phone call from them and they confirmed that I was eligible and they'll get one out to me after the webinar
                What info did you give them? Guy was adamant I don't qualify!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  What info did you give them? Guy was adamant I don't qualify!
                  I just filled out the form, they had looked at the company website and details and confirmed that it was fine.

"Consultants" aren't eligible, so maybe that's what they thought you were - I discussed the number of switches we had, the number of people working here, the issues facing us etc.

I'll attend the webinar, then someone will ring me the following day to confirm the shipping address and details.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I just filled out the form, they had looked at the company website and details and confirmed that it was fine.

"Consultants" aren't eligible, so maybe that's what they thought you were - I discussed the number of switches we had, the number of people working here, the issues facing us etc.

I'll attend the webinar, then someone will ring me the following day to confirm the shipping address and details.
                    I told them I was Director of a Professional Services company, mentioned a couple of Client Co's, explained how we would potentially use the kit and they seemed happy.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      I told them I was Director of a Professional Services company, mentioned a couple of Client Co's, explained how we would potentially use the kit and they seemed happy.
                      More or less what I said, mine must have been a bit of a twat! He said they were looking for budget holders more or less, the free AP being a sweetener.....

Comment

Working...
                      X