• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Office Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Office Question

I am looking at MS Office 2010 software and have seen these that provide an online product key. Does that mean that the office applications will still be downloaded and is this too cheap to be genuine, given some versions cost over £200 ?

New Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Plus Full version | eBay

hmmmm

should be okay as Office 2010 is now 6 years old!!

having said that there are also selling office 2016 for about £20 - which is currently retailing for about £120

no idea how they get them so cheap but it always seems a bit 'dodgy' and by that I mean they may be the official product but the means by which the seller obtained them may be 'shady'

but as Del boy would say 'Ask no questions Rodney!'

Comment

Some large businesses have deals with MS on their software and as part of the deal they can sometimes offer the software for sale to employees - the requirement being that you have an email address at the business. If you have someone buried in an IT department with access to set up new email accounts, they could do this very easily.
      A former client I of mine had a price of £17 for Office Pro home use.
      BUT (you were told) it could not be upgraded and if you left the company you were supposed to remove it from your computer
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Does it have to be 2010? How about Office 365?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          I am looking at MS Office 2010 software and have seen these that provide an online product key. Does that mean that the office applications will still be downloaded and is this too cheap to be genuine, given some versions cost over £200 ?

New Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Plus Full version | eBay
          The key will be from some key gen software. So although it will be a "genuine" key that works, it won't be one that has been purchased from MS. MS no longer offer the software to download, so the download will be a copy of the software installation hosted somewhere by someone.

The only way to buy a genuine copy of Office 2010 now is to buy a boxed version. And they are hundreds of pounds.

Comment

I don't see the point of Office 365. Why pay a monthly/annual sub for something you can purchase with a one-off license fee?

Comment

Its about all the extra functionality you get. 365 offers Enterprise class Email systems with all the associated benefits for single and small users. You get the right to use the latest version of office locally and in the cloud for the duration of your subscription and you get 1TB of onedrive space in the cloud for each user.
              If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
                Its about all the extra functionality you get. 365 offers Enterprise class Email systems with all the associated benefits for single and small users. You get the right to use the latest version of office locally and in the cloud for the duration of your subscription and you get 1TB of onedrive space in the cloud for each user.
                That's the setup I use for MyCo - works well for me

Comment

Next question.... should Office 365 Home be used for your Ltd co?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
                    Its about all the extra functionality you get. 365 offers Enterprise class Email systems with all the associated benefits for single and small users.
                    The benefits of enterprise class email being... ?

Boo

Comment

Working...
                    X