• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beginners Golf Set Recommendations.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginners Golf Set Recommendations.

Just starting to get into golfing, looking for recommendations for a good starter golf set.

Not after someone googling for me but actual experience of buying a beginners golf set. A friend of a friend recommended a set but it was £1200 so looking for something a little cheaper, less than £600.

Cheers

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Why not pick up some old kit from the bay of E? Should get something for sub £100, then spend some cash if you like the silly game?
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
        Why not pick up some old kit from the bay of E? Should get something for sub £100, then spend some cash if you like the silly game?
        Just in case my original question was not clear, I'm after recommendations from someone that has bought a beginners set and can recommend on quality, cost etc.

Comment

Why would you want to take up golf? Have you bought a Jag yet?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Just starting to get into golfing, looking for recommendations for a good starter golf set.

Not after someone googling for me but actual experience of buying a beginners golf set. A friend of a friend recommended a set but it was £1200 so looking for something a little cheaper, less than £600.

Cheers
            If you're a beginner you need a set of fairly cheap cavity back irons. I don't see any point in recommending a specific set because by the very nature of everyone having a unique swing - different irons will suit different people. Just go to American Golf, have them hook you up to the AI and try some sets. They'll at least then recommend some options for you based on some evidence of your actual swing and I don't see why they should cost anything like £1200. I'm a single figure handicap golfer and my clubs and bag cost less than that.

Comment

A set of Ping Irons like these will be ideal. You will usually be able to get great clubs at a reasonable price. They should last you another couple of years, it until eternity, depending on how much of a club whore you are.

http://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/.../Ping_G20.html
              Last edited by Scruff; 17 December 2015, 13:19.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I used to play golf but every time I hit it it kept going down that little hole on the nicely mown bit.

They all said I was crap at it and never to play again

Comment

The clubs are not what's important, it's how you dress that counts

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I bought a 14 piece RAM club set a few years ago and it was around £200. Did me nicely.

Comment

Working...
                    X