• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Theatre Projectors and related shiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Theatre Projectors and related shiz

I've been umming and ahhing about a new telly as we have a dying beasty in a bedroom and it's a vaguely good excuse to upgrade the "main" TV and reshuffle others.

As our living room kinda lends itself to a big screen I can see many benefits but it's all new to me. Anybody use this kind of setup or have any meaningful advice?

I can say I don't need to go short-throw and 4K machines are off the table due to expense. Yes I am COTBAC I just don't wish to spend small family car money on a display device.
    I'm a smug bastard.

This message is hidden because LucidDementia is on your ignore list
    Ahh peaceful bliss....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Ahh peaceful bliss....
      As worthwhile as most of your comments.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

plenty of good ~ 50" 4ktvs ~ £500

4K TVs | 4K Televisions | Richer Sounds

Cheap to run, ok picture. Have a projector, plasma tv , LCD tv and I find the Plasma probably the best visually. Most expensive to run though.

tie in a dedicated amp

AV Receivers | Home Cinema Separates | Richer Sounds

a reasonable Blu ray, I have a panasonic AV & Blu ray combined , I am changing to separates.

Blu Ray | DVD Player | Richer Sounds

Android
        running KODI.

change out of a Grand.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X