• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newest kindles - worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest kindles - worth it?

Got a Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 model.

See I can get a new Fire 8" for £100. Slightly lighter than my one and only a little bigger. Camera added which is handy for Skype etc. And expansion slot for micro sd.

Not sure wheres best place to sell old Kindle (CEX so far £26).

But any kindle fans out there? Worth the upgrade?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Not sure where I read it but I've been told the current Kindles aren't any good.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you want a tablet get a proper android one (or even an apple if you must!)

If you want an e-reader get the standard kindle - much longer battery life and easier to read.

The kindle fire whilst being a perfectly good piece of kit is neither one nor t'other and so does both functions 'adequately'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        If you want a tablet get a proper android one (or even an apple if you must!)

If you want an e-reader get the standard kindle - much longer battery life and easier to read.

The kindle fire whilst being a perfectly good piece of kit is neither one nor t'other and so does both functions 'adequately'
        Nah must admit I like my current kindle. Good for reading books, good for watching videos too.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          That's why it costs £100 (or less). Perfectly fine for general use, like a £300 laptop it ain't pretty and lacks frills but will still do emails and internet and stream video.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Kindle Fire HD is also quite tough.
            I've had one for years and once slipped on ice with it in my coat pocket, I landed right on it and it survived.
            I'm no lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I have my daughter's one to sell last I checked was in Sep on ebay they were going for around the £45 mark, so I paid my daughter that amount and tried to use it, wasn't particularly impressed so will be ebaying it for a lot less now particularly as new models have come out.
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Probably eBay but I'd be inclined to either keep it (tablet for the garage/shed/bath?) or gift it at this level of value.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Had the gen1 HD for years, works fine. Kids drop it regularly.

Got them the 2013 versions they love them.

Bought the cheapy one for £34 and its OK.

They are ok, not the battery life of true ereaders or the power of the top end tablets but as between the two they are fine.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well bought a HD 8" to replace my 2013 7" so we'll see how it gets on.

Luckily, I got for £100. Went back up to £130 the next day.

Comment

Working...
                    X