• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick question on Ethernet cables

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Yes, the only thing I could see that made that cable different was that it was a flat cable. Otherwise, standard Cat5 would do the job.
    Flat cable? Buy a hammer. Amazing what a Cat5 will put up with. That cable is gimmick central.
    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
      gold rj45 connectors

You know, the bits that hold it into the socket and don't actually have anything to do with the signal.
      You know, the bits that are designed not to conduct...
      Think it flew tight over your head personally

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
        Think it flew tight over your head personally
        Well, considering this was in the technical professional forum, I assumed it to be a legitimate question.
        If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Working...
        X