• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this a virus?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a virus?

Acquaintance (with an iPad) asked me about odd activity on her Microsoft account today. "View your activity" was showing numerous logins, sometimes just minutes apart, with ISPs changing more than I'd expect and the browser was sometimes showing as unknown rather than Opera. I suggested she needed to download a virus checker but she said she had a problem installing one which does not sound good either.

No expert on viruses, let alone iPad ones, so any ideas. Has she got a problem?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Acquaintance (with an iPad) asked me about odd activity on her Microsoft account today. "View your activity" was showing numerous logins, sometimes just minutes apart, with ISPs changing more than I'd expect and the browser was sometimes showing as unknown rather than Opera. I suggested she needed to download a virus checker but she said she had a problem installing one which does not sound good either.

No expert on viruses, let alone iPad ones, so any ideas. Has she got a problem?
    Sounds like a bot hammering her account, nothing to do with the device.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Sounds like a bot hammering her account, nothing to do with the device.
      This. It's noting to do with the iPad. She needs to change the password on her account pronto.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Cheers. I'll let her know, if she hasn't already.
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Cheers. I'll let her know, if she hasn't already.
          And get her to choose a sensible password that isn't open to dictionary attack.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

as above and very much doubt it and the iPAD ships with Safari unless he downloaded Opera, are those opera people still out there?

Comment

I meant Safari. And he's a she, very nice. Maybe I'll say she needs to come round so I can fix it for her.
              bloggoth

Comment

Working...
              X