• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    Had a look at MSO-2016 yesterday; Based on how I use it, I can't see anything which improves on what I have already in MSO-2013, and as for Visio...zilch changes as far as I could make out.
    The only immediate difference I could see was that 'colour' is back as an option (blue header for Word, green for Excel), but dark grey and white remain, and maybe some subtle changes to Outlook, none of which made me feel I needed to upgrade/shell-out courtesy of My Co. Underwhelmed, much like I was with Win 10 tbh.
    For company that sits in the shadows of Apple, Google, @rsebook, Tw@tter, etc, with tired old products, they still seem to coin it in....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      For company that sits in the shadows of Apple, Google, @rsebook, Tw@tter, etc, with tired old products, they still seem to coin it in....
      I guess they'll be in the shadows of those in terms of 'cool' stuff and hype etc, but in the world I work they're very much not in the shadows - must piss off the cool brigade no end

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        How much is an MSDN licence anyway? Much as I don't want anything MS I need Visio and it's not fecking cheap.
        It's a lot more than buying visio stand alone!!
        Theres different subscriptions luckily my old subscription from a permie role still works (about 8-10K a year that costs them!)

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
          It's a lot more than buying visio stand alone!!
          Theres different subscriptions luckily my old subscription from a permie role still works (about 8-10K a year that costs them!)
          Visio is £216 on top of Office 365, back in the day MSDN was about £150 a year - loads of CD's!!!! Talking late 90's.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            How much is an MSDN licence anyway? Much as I don't want anything MS I need Visio and it's not fecking cheap.
            More than I'd be willing to pay, but as I'm getting it for free it's great value
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

2007 does all I want.

Found yesterday I could import a CSV format webpage into Excel. Shoved it all into a macro and now I can download all the sales data from my website's database with click of a button. Took me about 45 min. You can do just about everything in Excel with a bit of VBA.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Tightening of licence regs. , vast increases in licence costs, cha ching!
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I try and keep up to date, as I end up (not directly) supporting it, in some way shape or form. My next GIG will involved the migration of in excess of 12000 users to office 365 in a Banking environment, the cloud is on its way in a big way, be their or be square ! The days of expensive Exchange Admins and such are rapidly drawing to a close.

Comment

Working...
                  X