• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3d printers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d printers

Hi folks,
    I've been tempted to dabble in 3d printing, and would like to buy a cheapish printer for 'playing with'.

Does anyone have experience of the sort of £300-£400 printers available on e-bay?

I don't mind a bit of tweaking or mechanical adjustment.
    RS

Pay for what you get. Poundshop tat. It's not so much the printer, but the medium which they use to print.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Pay for what you get. Poundshop tat. It's not so much the printer, but the medium which they use to print.
      +1

I got a craving for one last Xmas, the cheap ones are just that, cheap, you find then you need a heated bedplate, so it's £700 now, then one that does both kinds of plastic, and before you know it it's a couple of grand.

Rather spend it on a good CNC milling machine as I fancy building live steam railway locomotives again......

Comment

Both times I've gone round makerfaire the laser cuts look far more fun and usable...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X