• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3d printers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek
    replied
    Both times I've gone round makerfaire the laser cuts look far more fun and usable...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Pay for what you get. Poundshop tat. It's not so much the printer, but the medium which they use to print.
    +1

I got a craving for one last Xmas, the cheap ones are just that, cheap, you find then you need a heated bedplate, so it's £700 now, then one that does both kinds of plastic, and before you know it it's a couple of grand.

Rather spend it on a good CNC milling machine as I fancy building live steam railway locomotives again......

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Pay for what you get. Poundshop tat. It's not so much the printer, but the medium which they use to print.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    started a topic 3d printers

3d printers

Hi folks,
    I've been tempted to dabble in 3d printing, and would like to buy a cheapish printer for 'playing with'.

Does anyone have experience of the sort of £300-£400 printers available on e-bay?

I don't mind a bit of tweaking or mechanical adjustment.
    RS

Working...
X