• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Fire TV Stick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Fire TV Stick

i was thinking of getting a Chromecast, but saw this for £19 on Amazon. Reduced from £35.

I already have Amazon Prime, so it's a no brainer. For less than £20 I can now watch all the Prime content on my HD TV and take it to Grannies house so the little one can keep up her quota of watching Barbie & The Princess Charm School 14 times a week.

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    i was thinking of getting a Chromecast, but saw this for £19 on Amazon. Reduced from £35.

I already have Amazon Prime, so it's a no brainer. For less than £20 I can now watch all the Prime content on my HD TV and take it to Grannies house so the little one can keep up her quota of watching Barbie & The Princess Charm School 14 times a week.
    Ta muchley.

Comment

Thanks. This post gave me the push I needed to finally order a Chromecast.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Interesting ... looks like Fire Stick also needs a USB connection for power, which is a ball ache I feel.

Comment

They all gloss over that. I don't think HDMI is capable of powering anything of use. I've got a crappy Android stick thing that's powered off the USB from my TV, so you don't need to plug it into the mains and run an extra cable at least, but with an extra wire it doesn't look as neat and as simple as the ads suggest.

Comment

Received my Amazon Fire TV stick, last week. For £20, it's brilliant. I'm delighted with it.

It comes with a remote control but there is a nifty app that allows you to use your smartphone as a remote and has a voice activated search.

Comment

I'm impressed with the Chromecast. Now instead of wasting hours watching YouTube videos on my tablet whilst ignoring what's on the TV I waste hours choosing the next YouTube video on my tablet whilst the previous one plays on the TV.

It means I've finally got a decent way to watch NetFlix too.

Money well spent.

Comment

yep ordered Fire tv stick

nice and quite fast.

need to sideload KODI as well adding DLNA to my old Panasonic.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X