• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who in their right mind would put an apostrophe in a webservice namespace?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who in their right mind would put an apostrophe in a webservice namespace?

The fookin idiot that wrote the WSDL for the webservice I am trying to write a client for.

I'm close to a falling down moment here.

Hand-coded or put it into a shiny Wizard?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hand coded I would be sure.

Major known UK organisation, all their other web services are correctly named, "client/WebServices/xxx" and the one I want use is "client's/WebServices/xxx", like, the only one.

JAX-WS kicked up a stink about it, so has apache axis2. they want to resolve the namespace to package names which java won't allow the ' in.

Spent the whole day trying to write a SOAP module for axis2 and handler for that will trap the char and translate. No matter where I put the axis2.xml and no matter what I do...

Comment

Aaaaarghhhhhhh

Comment

Will percent-encoding it as %27 do any good?

Comment

That was my first port of call but no dice.

As much as I respect Apache for their HTTP server and their servlet engine tomcat ( which was kind of ropey until jboss/redhat/ibm put a bit of time into it ) the rest of their java based projects are a complete mess.

I'll rant about this tomorrow.
            Last edited by minestrone; 21 March 2015, 01:06.

Comment

The plan of attack is to modify the WSDL, replacing all the "client's" with "clientTheApostrophes" , generate the classes, trap the message outbound replacing TheApostrophe to ' and vice versa.

Rather than allowing you the chance to do a quick search and replace on the text axis2 requires you to write a handler class, a module class, module.xml and axis2.xml. The xml files specify the 'phase' this 'trapping' will be done in during the messaging and for whatever reason the 'phases' are not being found. I'm all over the documentation as well, done the required reading, but somewhere in this nonsense land of eclipse, maven, tomcat, axis2 the module.xml can't find the stuff the axis2.xml contains.

I'm all up for architectural rigour and convention in frameworks but when you find yourself battling xml classpath problems then you have to ask what the original designers were thinking.

Comment

Working...
              X