• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lync Implementation (Desktop Phone suggestion)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lync Implementation (Desktop Phone suggestion)

Hello Friends,

Please I need suggestions in terms of Desktop phones to use with Lync 2013. We are in the stage of implementing Lync 2013 in our organization and plan to use it as the main phone system. I have been asked to suggest a desktop phone that is lync capable and not expensive.
    Please could you suggest one to me? What do you use in your organization that works perfectly well. I am looking at few options here but I will let you guys suggest.

Thank you in advance.

Standalone phones, or USB phones?

Comment

Ideally standalone phone- but which do you recommend ?

Comment

Have you done any research at all?

There doesn't seem to be that many options https://www.voiptalk.org/products/Aa...21i+Lync+Phone

and most of the others seem very similar to those.....
        Last edited by eek; 24 February 2015, 10:50.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

polycom

Polycom handsets are pretty decent and to be honest there is much choice anyway. Stick to Lync certified stuff as the latency is a key issue with Lync
          especially if you are using anything USB like headsets and web cams.
          as for handsets look here
          Buy Handsets / IP Handsets for Microsoft Lync at great prices from LyncStore

Comment

Originally posted by veroli View Post
            Polycom handsets are pretty decent and to be honest there is much choice anyway. Stick to Lync certified stuff as the latency is a key issue with Lync
            especially if you are using anything USB like headsets and web cams.
            as for handsets look here
            Buy Handsets / IP Handsets for Microsoft Lync at great prices from LyncStore
            I was looking polycom cx300 Deskphones they look nice - but dont know if they work smoothly with Lync.
            Also do i need individual licenses for these Phones(polycom, snom or HP) to work with Lync?

Comment

Originally posted by rurffy View Post
              I was looking polycom cx300 Deskphones they look nice - but dont know if they work smoothly with Lync.
              Also do i need individual licenses for these Phones(polycom, snom or HP) to work with Lync?
              On the basis of eat your own dog food don't go for the HP ones...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                On the basis of eat your own dog food don't go for the HP ones...
                have you turned into dave cutler ?

Comment

Originally posted by veroli View Post
                  have you turned into dave cutler ?
                  No but I've visited the newest HP office and desk phones have gone the way of the dodo.... Staff merely get a usb headset to plug into their laptops...

Comment

the one on my desk in front of me at ClientCo is AAstra 6725ip

seems to do the job, and priced ~£150, no idea how that compares to other models

Comment

Working...
                    X