• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best time to buy a laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best time to buy a laptop

I'm going to need a new laptop pretty soon and the last few years I've not been sure when the best time to buy is.

Traditionally, in the good old days, January sales were seen as the best time to buy something like this but in recent years online sales have been very good in the run up to Christmas so I'm never quite sure whether to dive in before or after.

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    I'm going to need a new laptop pretty soon and the last few years I've not been sure when the best time to buy is.

Traditionally, in the good old days, January sales were seen as the best time to buy something like this but in recent years online sales have been very good in the run up to Christmas so I'm never quite sure whether to dive in before or after.
    If its a mac black Friday (November 28th).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      If its a mac black Friday (November 28th).
      Do they really offer any non-trivial discounts? This is on the Apple Store directly I assume?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Do they really offer any non-trivial discounts? This is on the Apple Store directly I assume?
        Most years its 10% on laptops. Not brilliant but when else do they offer any discount

Comment

Not bad if you were buying one anyway - assuming they don't then refresh the lineup soon afterwards.

You can also get 2% cashback from Apple Store cashback and voucher savings which again is nice considering how much a Mac costs

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If you're an IPSE member, you can get 6-8% off on MacBook Air and Pro.

Other discounts are available.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post

If you're an IPSE member, you can get 7% off on PC World gift cards and 10% off at Dell.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Do you all have at least 2 years solid experience in purchasing of discount laptops?

Mmmm?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Do you all have at least 2 years solid experience in purchasing of discount laptops?

Mmmm?
                  Yep 18 years worth...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Mmmm?
                    I have experience buying 2nd-hand cruddy Dell laptops, when it transpired the company who wanted an advanced 3D medical simulator wanted to run it on their Latitude 620 laptops with Intel-945 graphics chipset, and we had to make it work

Comment

Working...
                    X