• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you buy RAM?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another +1 for Crucial.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      10% cheaper in fact. And that's before delivery, Amazon will next-day it for free (for Prime members) but Crucial want £10 for next day, or £4 for 1-2 days (which 90% of the time is next day, I'll grant you).
      Is it worth this bother just to save a few pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The only issue there is they don't have a dedicated RAM section allowing you to search efficiently. I spotted Crucial RAM and SSDs cheaper on Amazon than on Crucial's website, about 10% cheaper in fact. And that's before delivery, Amazon will next-day it for free (for Prime members) but Crucial want £10 for next day, or £4 for 1-2 days (which 90% of the time is next day, I'll grant you).
        Don't know where you got those delivery figures from, but Crucial charges £0.00 for 1st class Royal Mail and it arrives a day and a bit later.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Is it worth this bother just to save a few pounds?
          The bother of free next-day delivery from a company I already have an account with?

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Don't know where you got those delivery figures from, but Crucial charges £0.00 for 1st class Royal Mail and it arrives a day and a bit later.
          From their website. Regular 1st class is free, £3.99 for Royal Mail Special Delivery £10.99 for next day 9am.
          Last edited by d000hg; 21 October 2014, 07:17.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Still though you're going to spend longer deliberating where to buy it, stop being a scrooge
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

I typically order from Crucial. Good RAM but I'd pay a bit more for their uprated stuff as their low-end stuff tends to last about 3 years than goes. I've had two PC's upgraded with Crucial RAM do just that.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Or nick it from work?

Seen loads of Exchange Servers running on 1gb RAM wherever I've contracted......

Comment

Working...
                X