• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancelled my 3 accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    strange I use 3 and have had no problems

also I can get data on 2g, 2.5g and 3g.....

maybe I am just lucky!
    Actually, I've been having problems as well but thought it was either the mobi device itself (as it's pretty old and has been round the block a bit) or my latest maverick upgrade.

And since I've not looked around since I got it, I would imagine that 5gb for £15pm is not such a good deal anymore.

Time to look around I think.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      Well they like to tell you that they are the least complained about mobile company. I find that hard to believe.
      It could be that their internal system for dealing with complaints doesn't transmit the real statistics to upper management.

Last week I came across an allegation that a local ISP was managing to 'lose' complaints somehow or other.

For sure there will be a spreadsheet wielding PHB somewhere in the system who likes to get the complaints figures down 'cos his bonus depends on it.

Feeling cynical tonight...
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Actually, I've been having problems as well but thought it was either the mobi device itself (as it's pretty old and has been round the block a bit) or my latest maverick upgrade.

And since I've not looked around since I got it, I would imagine that 5gb for £15pm is not such a good deal anymore.

Time to look around I think.
        The one from ee is £20 per month for 15gb, £30 for 25gb and £50 for 50gb. If you go on their 30 day rolling its £39.99 up front for the device and if you do a 24 month contract its free. I have my business mobile through t Mobile and they have put it onto that account.

I did a speed check on it last night and I was getting about 20mbps - obviously the speed depends on if you are in a 4g area or not
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Another thing....one person I spoke to at three said that three have no uk support, everything is located in India. They all insist on using English sounding names such as Russell and Phillip! Can't imaging there are too many Phils in deepest darkest Mumbai!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            Another thing....one person I spoke to at three said that three have no uk support, everything is located in India. They all insist on using English sounding names such as Russell and Phillip! Can't imaging there are too many Phils in deepest darkest Mumbai!
            Three's call centre is not in India...

They set them up in the Philippines as that was cheaper...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The guy on the phone said all three call centres were based in India.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If they can't even get that right then cancelling appears a sensible decision...

Comment

I recently moved to 3. It is not very good so will be moving away shortly.

Comment

I'm with O2 and service is ok. plus £1 lunch/Pizza every Monday

Comment

Managed to get out of my final 3 contract last night as the data service is still not available. So I reported the data problems to them on 4th July as it had been ongoing for a few days. Each week I have been told it would be fixed in the next 7 days. Last night they told me it would be another 7 days, taking it into August. I told them that I didn't think it was fair for me to be bound by the terms of the contract when they could not give me a relaible date as to when I could expect the service to resume and threatened them with being reported to offcom. So they let me off the £100 they wanted to terminate early.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X