• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone use GIMP on a Mac?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I can't remember what problem I had, I just remember not being able to fully install it (I should have asked on here )
    When was that? IIRC it's only within the last couple of years that it's become a native OS X app, rather than a mutant Unix port.

But +1 for Acorn, which is fine for most purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by smatty View Post
      Did they end up releasing it free? Sounds like it was a mistake from what I've read.
      Interesting read, I thought they had released it for free also. I don't know why they didn't though, all the points in this article are perfectly valid.

Comment

Thx for the replies, I forgot about this one, the answer in the end was that she needed to install the Mac equiv of DirectX, can't remember what it was now though

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Thx for the replies, I forgot about this one, the answer in the end was that she needed to install the Mac equiv of DirectX, can't remember what it was now though
          Probably Quartzy stuff (I can never remember exactly what it's called). But I thought if she had the latest version of Gimp it included such dependencies? Ah well, as long as she got it working
          Last edited by NickFitz; 30 July 2014, 00:18. Reason: Tyop :)

Comment

Working...
          X