• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2023 CUK Christmas Do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Sounds like I ought to find somewhere in That London for the 7th.

Maybe The Editor's Tap on Fetter Lane (just off Fleet Street)?
    Looks good

Nearest Premier Inn is London Blackfriars, a few minutes' walk away the other side of Fleet Street

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Looks good

Nearest Premier Inn is London Blackfriars, a few minutes' walk away the other side of Fleet Street
      Fully booked and crazy expensive (I am no longer a contractor)! If we're definitely on, I'll train in and back and forego the traditional walking round the streets after closing looking for somewhere that's open!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Fully booked and crazy expensive (I am no longer a contractor)! If we're definitely on, I'll train in and back and forego the traditional walking round the streets after closing looking for somewhere that's open!
        But that's the best bit!

Last time, ladymuck Ubered the diehards to some place near the Gherkin

Next nearest is the Farringdon one, where we were all staying that time. And there's a new Hub at Clerkenwell. But everywhere within walking distance is over £200, mostly towards or above £250

Comment

Don't know how reliable or up-to-date this is: Late Pubs of London - Google My Maps

Comment

I haven't actually booked anything yet so the venue can change to a hostelry that's closer to cheaper accommodation.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I haven't actually booked anything yet so the venue can change to a hostelry that's closer to cheaper accommodation.
              Assuming we don't want to go as far as Gravesend, it looks like Heathrow T4 is one of the cheapest

Looking at the map view, every Premier Inn that still has rooms available that's anything like central is over £200 with the exception of the new Hub in Camden Town and the last few rooms at King's Cross. So it probably doesn't make much difference if the venue changes.

There are, of course, other hotels available

Comment

A night out in Hounslow it is!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Provided the trains are running... (I lost my last works do last year because of the bloody trains.)
                  Bugger…

Train drivers announce new strikes in December https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67436365
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Bugger…

Train drivers announce new strikes in December https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67436365
                    East Midlands line should be OK for us on that date, but Great Western and Cross Country is going to have an adverse effect on mudskipper and anybody else from that direction

Comment

Dammit

Comment

Working...
                      X