• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Party - Leeds 08/12/2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Looking like this damn heart attack might prevent me from attending

Word on the ward is that I'm not going to get in for an angiogram before Thursday and if, as is very likely, they decide to put a stent in while they're at it, they probably won't let me out until Friday or Saturday. And even if I do get out on Friday, I'll probably be under orders to do as little as possible, as causing a punctured artery to re-open is generally considered a bad idea.

Bugger

Anyway, I've just checked and I don't have to cancel the hotel until noon on Friday so I'll hang fire for now. Maybe a virulent plague will decimate the queue ahead of me in time for them to get me in tomorrow
    We should bring the party to you!

But you probably want to get better...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      We should bring the party to you!

But you probably want to get better...
      This ward could do with livening up! And I could do with a beer…

Comment

Looking like this damn heart attack might prevent me from attending

Word on the ward is that I'm not going to get in for an angiogram before Thursday and if, as is very likely, they decide to put a stent in while they're at it, they probably won't let me out until Friday or Saturday. And even if I do get out on Friday, I'll probably be under orders to do as little as possible, as causing a punctured artery to re-open is generally considered a bad idea.

Bugger

Anyway, I've just checked and I don't have to cancel the hotel until noon on Friday so I'll hang fire for now. Maybe a virulent plague will decimate the queue ahead of me in time for them to get me in tomorrow
        It’s not the worse excuse I’ve seen to avoid coming to Yorkshire, but given the circumstances I’ll let you off!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My maybe has turned into a "unable to attend". Enjoy the Tulips in White Rose country...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I was on the list for angiogram-and-discharge this afternoon, but an emergency case came in so I got bumped.

This means I'm now on the list for tomorrow afternoon. Even if it happens and everything goes smoothly, I still probably won't get out of here until teatime, which would be too late to get the train up there and join you all before closing time.

So I'm afraid I'm almost certainly not going to be there, barring some Christmas miracle

Comment

I was on the list for angiogram-and-discharge this afternoon, but an emergency case came in so I got bumped.

This means I'm now on the list for tomorrow afternoon. Even if it happens and everything goes smoothly, I still probably won't get out of here until teatime, which would be too late to get the train up there and join you all before closing time.

So I'm afraid I'm almost certainly not going to be there, barring some Christmas miracle
              We will raise a glass to you.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                We will raise a glass to you.
                Maybe two...

Comment

I'll be in town about lunchtime. What do the locals recommend I do to while away the time until this evening?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I'll be in town about lunchtime. What do the locals recommend I do to while away the time until this evening?
                    As it's cold I'd have suggested the Everyman cinema, but there appears to be bugger all on. If shopping is your thing you can head for the arcades (on the right as you walk up Briggate). If you need a decent feed then you could try heading to Greek Street where the fancier restaurants and whatnot live - there are cheaper options most places you'll walk though. What hotel are you in?

Comment

There's a winter market on too. It's up the hill behind the town hall
                      https://www.christmasmarkets.com/ind...istmas-market/

For other stuff, try this -> https://leeds-list.com/ That way you can search for anything that you fancy

Comment

Working...
                      X