• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hi

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hi"

Collapse

• Morgraal
    replied
    Erm, ok.

I'm kinda sensible so no notice will be handed in until I'm absolutely sure. I know my rights regarding my notice and I'm comfortable with that.

Also, I'm happy for this thread to be closed if it annoys you that I've posted on my only thread.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Benjiex
    replied
    Hello guys, I'm the newest member of the team, for my background, I'm a Photographer and works in an online store that offers (beds, leashes, collars, cages, clothes, and carriers). I love cooking Asian foods like Chinese, Japanese and Thai foods.
    Last edited by Benjiex; 19 November 2018, 00:41.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    What on earth are you smoking dude?
    The age old art of negotiation - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    See if you can get out before the 4 weeks - even showing that you have tried to.
    What on earth are you smoking dude?

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    See if you can get out before the 4 weeks - even showing that you have tried to.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Lets wait for the "I've handed my notice in at my perm job but the agent says the contract has been cancelled. Am I entitled to compensation ?" thread....
    I've got my search ready...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...e-started.html

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    This. 4 weeks is a long time to wait. Budgets can be pulled, projects canned and so on. If there are a number of other people as good as you available immediately you are going to be at a distinct disadvantage on a number of fronts.
    Lets wait for the "I've handed my notice in at my perm job but the agent says the contract has been cancelled. Am I entitled to compensation ?" thread....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    One piece of advice would be to never believe anything an agent tells you.
    This. 4 weeks is a long time to wait. Budgets can be pulled, projects canned and so on. If there are a number of other people as good as you available immediately you are going to be at a distinct disadvantage on a number of fronts.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Morgraal View Post
    Not heard back yet, but they've said I'll know within the week.

My notice is 4 weeks and they are aware of it, it's not an issue.
    One piece of advice would be to never believe anything an agent tells you.

Leave a comment:

• Morgraal
    replied
    When do they expect you to start and what is your notice period?
    Not heard back yet, but they've said I'll know within the week.

My notice is 4 weeks and they are aware of it, it's not an issue.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Hi all

After various let-downs from recruiters, I have secured an interview on Friday.

I'm still in my perm role, but I'm hopeful that I'll be successful and start my new adventure.

Cheers

Mark
    When do they expect you to start and what is your notice period?

Leave a comment:

• Morgraal
    replied
    Long time no see

Hi all

After various let-downs from recruiters, I have secured an interview on Friday.

I'm still in my perm role, but I'm hopeful that I'll be successful and start my new adventure.

Cheers

Mark

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Thanks. I've been a data analyst in various fields over the last 11 years. Just brushing up on my SAS and SQL, and intending to get Prince2 qualified by the end of the year. I'm expecting redundancy to come calling, so I'm preparing.
    So don't be disappointed if you don't walk into a PM role then, it's very oversubscribed field. Don't ever forget that the main difference between permanent and contractor is the former sells their potential, the latter sells their recent experience. Qualifications come a distant last when short-listing people.

But you won't know if you don't try. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Morgraal
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Welcome and best of luck. What Is your area of expertise?
    Thanks. I've been a data analyst in various fields over the last 11 years. Just brushing up on my SAS and SQL, and intending to get Prince2 qualified by the end of the year. I'm expecting redundancy to come calling, so I'm preparing.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Hi all

Thanks for accepting me.

I'm looking at moving into contracting as I'm more project focused and prefer to work on something for 6 months or so and then hand it over to BAU.

I'l looking to learn a lot on here.

Cheers

Mark
    Welcome and best of luck. What Is your area of expertise?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X