• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "*rant* Umbrellas - FCSA members illustrations / calcs - 52 working weeks FFS"

Collapse

• Anonimouse
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How fookin much??? Is that for real?? Linky. F me. I though it was a high bar but not that much. That's outrageous.
    That was the fee quoted to me by an agent today

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Woohoo... Just an issue of kick backs now then.
    you might say that, I couldn't possibly comment

and it's not a kick back

It's a marketing facilitation fee...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Yes, but it allows a chance to get on agencies PSL lists (provided you meet the agencies other criteria*)
    Woohoo... Just an issue of kick backs now then.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    11.5k is still a lot of money for a business with only 50 people on the books.
    Yes, but it allows a chance to get on agencies PSL lists (provided you meet the agencies other criteria*)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    11.5k is still a lot of money for a business with only 50 people on the books.

Leave a comment:

• DolanContractorGroup
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    They charge £35,000 membership
    It's not that high.

The cost of full FCSA Accredited Membership is dependent on the size of your business and the number of models you operate. Fees for Accredited Membership and the compliance review start at £11,250.

More info here: Link

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    The FCSA accreditation is a simple way for the agencies / end clients to assume compliance with HMRC guidance. Nowadays I can guarantee that the number of compliance questionnaires received by umbrellas is pretty much zero, whereas previously it used to be with pretty much every new engagement!

Anyone who is not accredited can still be compliant, but trying to get that through to some agencies / end clients is like hitting your head against a brick wall. For those not accredited it is causing "difficulties"!
    It depends on the requirements of the agency. I can assure you that many agencies still send compliance questionnaires, whether this is to see if they can work with us for one particular contractor, or whether they want to make changes to their PSL.

Kind regards

Zeeshan

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    The FCSA accreditation is a simple way for the agencies / end clients to assume compliance with HMRC guidance. Nowadays I can guarantee that the number of compliance questionnaires received by umbrellas is pretty much zero, whereas previously it used to be with pretty much every new engagement!

Anyone who is not accredited can still be compliant, but trying to get that through to some agencies / end clients is like hitting your head against a brick wall. For those not accredited it is causing "difficulties"!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Got to keep the riff-raff away.

Plus the FCSA management need their gold plated offices..
    I thought their requirement for x number of employees before they could be considered was unachievable let alone that.

How on earth do they expect to get any new business if only accredited members are being put forward so the rest can't get the numbers to be accredited. Just stupid.

I hope that is a 35k lifetime membership so they go bust next year.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    How fookin much??? Is that for real?? Linky. F me. I though it was a high bar but not that much. That's outrageous.
    Got to keep the riff-raff away.

Plus the FCSA management need their gold plated offices..

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    More of a box ticking exercise that is mostly worthless - I would rather have personal recommendations rather than FCSA any day of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    This...

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Freud View Post
    Thanks, so not being an FCSA member does not restrict an umbrella from offering pension schemes and other salary sacrifice schemes ?
    It is just about adhering to a set of standards and having a body you can use for independent appeal ?
    More of a box ticking exercise that is mostly worthless - I would rather have personal recommendations rather than FCSA any day of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Freud View Post
    Thanks, so not being an FCSA member does not restrict an umbrella from offering pension schemes and other salary sacrifice schemes ?
    It is just about adhering to a set of standards and having a body you can use for independent appeal ?
    appeal what?

It's a cartel designed to protect current members who include a set of cowboys who pulled tax avoidance techniques years back...

What the FCSA isn't doing is anything to protect the general public, they only care about protecting their membership..

Now I will say that an FCSA member is a better check than Professional Passport (who we saw advertising a tax avoidance scheme last week) but any legitimate umbrella is fine.

Leave a comment:

• Freud
    replied
    They go through an accreditation process that allows them FCSA approval/membership. The problem is they set the bar so high its crushing anyone new coming to the market so creating a closed shop.

It's not really about different offers, just that they've met the criteria of the FCSA review.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X