• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have umbrella companies told their clients what their plans are after April?"

Collapse

• sharky
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Well event though I have left Giant this arrived in my inbox today:

We are delighted to announce the launch of the new giant receipt app which allows you to take a simple photo of a receipt from your smart phone which is automatically uploaded to the correct place in your expense log. You can use the app on the go, 24/7 without the need for scanning.

Let's take a look at some of the features of the app:

- Instant
    - Your receipt is automatically uploaded to the correct place in your expense log
    - Links directly to your account
    - Super-fast, seamless set-up
    - Your data is secure and all receipts are backed up
    - All data is stored and indexed
    - Available on Android and iOS
    - No need to scan
    - No download requirements
    - Ability to view all claims in one, easy to navigate place
    think its more to keep track of receipts for year end p11D tbh i have been taken photos of a receipts using my phone for a long time uploading to dropbox.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed but you still have to be clear here. It's a change to the way some expenses are handled, not all of them. It's pretty important to get right....
    And wouldn't mean that introducing a new system for making expense claims easier is a stupid idea.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
    ONLY !!!! Thats all I have claimed for the last 10 months ! and I would suggest its the bread and butter of former claims.
    Indeed but you still have to be clear here. It's a change to the way some expenses are handled, not all of them. It's pretty important to get right....

Leave a comment:

• Yonmons
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    It's only travel, subsistence and accommodation that have changed - other expenses are still claimable.
    ONLY !!!! Thats all I have claimed for the last 10 months ! and I would suggest its the bread and butter of former claims.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    Eh ?

Surely anyone firing that up is literally wasting their/Giant's time now we're in the era of:

'You workin' through an umbrella ? - then forget any expenses mate. Any hotel, food and travel costs are comin' out 'ur own pocket'
    It's only travel, subsistence and accommodation that have changed - other expenses are still claimable.

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    We are delighted to announce the launch of the new giant receipt app
    Eh ?

Surely anyone firing that up is literally wasting their/Giant's time now we're in the era of:

'You workin' through an umbrella ? - then forget any expenses mate. Any hotel, food and travel costs are comin' out 'ur own pocket'

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    And?
    I hear sometimes IT systems have a tendency to be a bit slow

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And?

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Well event though I have left Giant this arrived in my inbox today:

We are delighted to announce the launch of the new giant receipt app which allows you to take a simple photo of a receipt from your smart phone which is automatically uploaded to the correct place in your expense log. You can use the app on the go, 24/7 without the need for scanning.

Let's take a look at some of the features of the app:

- Instant
    - Your receipt is automatically uploaded to the correct place in your expense log
    - Links directly to your account
    - Super-fast, seamless set-up
    - Your data is secure and all receipts are backed up
    - All data is stored and indexed
    - Available on Android and iOS
    - No need to scan
    - No download requirements
    - Ability to view all claims in one, easy to navigate place

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    WTF! That's just plain ridiculous.
    Ridiculous and just adding to the HMRC workload when they didnt have too!

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Ouch.

Tell them to look on the bright side, they can claim them back via self assessment in a few months time. That should help
    It has been a nightmare - we are working through any expenses that we have been unable to process so that we can give a comprehensive list to our contractor that they can submit to HMRC to confirm they were legitimate expenses incurred that have ot been processed. We will then follow this up with details to HMRC to "double" confirm that these were allowable. Hopefully it will help our contractors out a little

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Is that a german racehorse wheres it running and is it worth a punt ?
    It's a secret meeting and it's a sure bet. Send me a couple of K via the BVI company and I'll put a bet on for you. If it wins I'll send you a new ' and a , key for your keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• Yonmons
    replied
    Schadenfreude anyone?
    Is that a german racehorse wheres it running and is it worth a punt ?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Right from the off Ive said that there are Umbrella contractors out their in the real world that have no idea of the changes. We had a new contractor who started on Monday who had sussed it out (he is umbrella) but the Umbrella were trying to sign him up on all the benefits. As he is local to the site he is not bothered. I finish on Friday having served my 2 weeks notice. There are going to be a hell of a lot of upset contractors over the next few weeks when the come to submitt their ex`s they have been saving up to find the horse has bolted and stable door closed.
    Schadenfreude anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Yonmons
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Limited yes, but if their head is in the sand and they're a permacontractor who is operating as a disguised employee, they probably won't be aware of sites like this that have discussed such things.
    Right from the off Ive said that there are Umbrella contractors out their in the real world that have no idea of the changes. We had a new contractor who started on Monday who had sussed it out (he is umbrella) but the Umbrella were trying to sign him up on all the benefits. As he is local to the site he is not bothered. I finish on Friday having served my 2 weeks notice. There are going to be a hell of a lot of upset contractors over the next few weeks when the come to submitt their ex`s they have been saving up to find the horse has bolted and stable door closed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X