• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gaming PC

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gaming PC"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    It looks more functional so unless the entire case lights up like a brothel, I'm going to say yes.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's possible she doesn't have the same tastes as a 16yo nerd-boy though
    The Daddy - Watercooled Overclocked Ultimate Gaming System Intel 1150 Haswell 32GB DDR3 2400MHZ Nvidia GTX Titan 6GB 29" Ultra Wide 2560 x 1080 HD Monitor 512GB Samsung SSD (Check Specs for full Details)(DADDY) buy at PCUpgrade.co.uk

Is that better?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's possible she doesn't have the same tastes as a 16yo nerd-boy though

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Check Alienware (Dell) as well. If she is lucky they might run a promo so she can get a Horde or Alliance themed one again...

Alienware Gaming Desktops - Powerful Gaming PCs | Dell UK

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Cheers, will take a look.

Also came accross this one

Chillblast

Anyone got any thoughts? Good/Bad?
    Loving the options...

56k Data/Fax Modem
    Price from: [+£17.50]

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If you're not talking some ultra gaming rig, then you aren't really after a gaming PC, just a half decent PC. Spending £5-700on a "home PC" rather than "business PC" should get you a good enough GPU.

That's the lazy option anyway - just splash £700 on a Dell!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I sourced a nice Silverstone case+PSU from eBay and the rest of the bits from eBuyer, had it all put together and installing in 45 minutes.

You said you can't be arsed but I copied a spec from a retail PC (I had a nicer case) and saved about £400!

If you buy the RAM CPU and mobo together as a bundle there isn't much to go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Cheers, will take a look.

Also came accross this one

Chillblast

Anyone got any thoughts? Good/Bad?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Actually, try these instead:
    Systems & Bundles » Gaming PC's » Intel Ivybridge Gaming PC - Overclockers UK

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Hey DaveB,

What's your budget? Overclockers usually do nice bundles:
    Systems & Bundles » Gaming PC's - Overclockers UK

Should be able to get an i5 with a decent amount of RAM and SSD for £6-700. If you want performance then making sure it has SSDs is the biggest performance gain I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    started a topic Gaming PC

Gaming PC

I'm looking for a new PC for MrsB, mostly for gaming, but I'm well out of touch with PC hardware these days.

She mainly plays RPG's so having the latest greatest graphics processor isn't a priority although it needs enough oomph to make it look pretty.

I can't be arsed with building it myself, I don't have the time or patience anymore to faff about sourcing parts and putting it together. Does the congregation have any suggestions on a reasonably priced box with or without monitor.

Working...
X