• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New iPhone App specifically for IT Contractors"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Does it work on a Psion 5?

Leave a comment:

• srennocks
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    How does it compare to expensify?

Will there be a version for the market leading mobile OS?

Not had chance to compare with Expensify as yet - have tried, but not received the account sign up email as yet, and yes indeed there are many expense and mileage apps, however a lot focus on personal expenditure (rather than business orientated expenses) and a lot focus mainly on US customers.

So in terms of Expensify I can't answer, all I'd say is try it - it's Free, so risk free and no account sign up or ongoing costs...
    Contractor Expenses - Link

All I'd add is that with Contractor Expenses I've focussed on keeping things simple and drastically reducing the data entry needed to track and produce your expense and mileage claims. So undoubtably they'll be features in other competing apps that aren't yet in the app including quite a few that I think are headline grabbers, but I'd question how many people use them.

The next key feature going into the app later this month is Hours/Time tracking - something I hope will appeal to a lot of contractors... so like I say, give it a go - it's Free, and if you don't like it / it doesn't work for you then I'd obviously be grateful of any constructive critiscm as to why.

An Android version is on the cards, but likely to be early next year now.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Funny how developers are still aiming at the iPhone whilst Android is galloping ahead.
    Heard the Android market is well worth a punt if you are in the malware development business though.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Funny how developers are still aiming at the iPhone whilst Android is galloping ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    What do you do when HMRC refuse to accept photos of your receipts and want the real thing?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Yeah I'm going to wait for the Windows Mango version.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I'd be interested in that too

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    How does it compare to expensify?

Leave a comment:

• srennocks
    replied
    Just quick note - there's now a Free lite version of Contractor Expenses app available for anyone to try risk free.... link

Leave a comment:

• srennocks
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not much point tin VAT return reminders there days. All small businesses have to do them online now anyway (IIRC) and you can sign up for the automatic reminders direct from HMRC.
    Yep very true, just received reminder myself yesterday, but the actual filing deadline is almost a month away and I tend to leave mine close to the deadline, but not aware of receiving any last minute reminders which a filing date reminder feature would hope to address.
    It's just an idea at the moment, but other features/requests might take precedence, thanks anyway, appreciate your point.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by srennocks View Post
    Not an iPad specific version just yet, but definitely on the list for the near future. One of the soon to be added features will be management of financial/filing dates, i.e. VAT returns, company accounts, etc. with events/reminders automatically added into your Calendar.
    Not much point tin VAT return reminders there days. All small businesses have to do them online now anyway (IIRC) and you can sign up for the automatic reminders direct from HMRC.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Now yer talking...

Leave a comment:

• srennocks
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Is there an iPad version?
    Not an iPad specific version just yet, but definitely on the list for the near future. One of the soon to be added features will be management of financial/filing dates, i.e. VAT returns, company accounts, etc. with events/reminders automatically added into your Calendar.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Is there an iPad version?

Leave a comment:

• srennocks
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Can your app take photos of receipts and link them as XT does?
    Yep, indeed you can, and photos are exported (zipped) along with your expense + mileage data (in reorderable CSV or XML format).
    Plenty of other features that differentiate it from more generic expense/mileage tracking apps such as being able to pick multiple dates for a given journey (i.e. if you visit same client regularly), and calculation of cumulative miles / use of UK mileage rates, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X