• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "mobile phone unlocking - grrrrr"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Just found a place in Liverpool Street station - phone kiosk - next to entrance to hammersmith/city line. lovely chaps in there - £15 - all sorted.

Now to dump three( ) and move to virgin - currently offering 300 mins/texts per month for a tenner.....

Oh yes - and get my money back from ebay or give the guy negative feedback.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    How old is the mobile on O2? I think after 12 months, O2 has to give you the unlock code for free.

Now you know why I always go Pay as you go...I'm on ASDA now.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I took mine to our local market - £10 to unlock it there and then. If they can't unlock it, you don't pay.

Sorry to hear about the probs, though.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I got the turbo sim card - but did not work. the conversationwith the seller is not going well :-

=========================
    Dear *blobby*,

Hi,

I received the sim card today - but did not work. I have a Nokia E65 locked to three - and a samsung(2g) locked to O2. Both work. I tried each in the other phone with the boost. Neither did. I didn't expect the 3 sim to work in the samsung - but I did expect the O2 sim to work in the nokia e65. It was a bit of a tight squeeze - but I was careful - and looks like it only goes one way up(its a sort of male-female fit) - but it refused to connect to the network. It just said offline. I then tried the three sim again and it worked.

Will the card definetly work with an E65 as it did not seem to?
    ==========================
    Hi there if the mobile phone is on the compatibility list then it defiantely should
    Dear *blobby*,

Just tried it again - it definetly does not work. phone just says offline. Do you have any other suggestions for what I can do?

I am not keen on returning the item for a refund - but if I have to I will.
    Have you followed any instructions at all?
    I read what was on the listing and in the packaging - I think I am doing everything correctly.

Your replies are very short and not really helpful - are you going to try to assist? Please resend the instructions and I will retry.

Thanks

Looks like I will have to go to a mobile unlocking shop or send it to one......

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    I unlock my cellphone almost immeadiately - just went on ebay.

Buy the unlock code - download their software - connect usb cable - goes on line to verify - bingo unlocked - however the 'flash' remains as the carrier installed ergo Orange sim in Vodafone colours etc

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Good old fashioned yellow pages and taking phone along worked best I found.
    Had a look at that and made a few calls - but no local independent shops seem to offer this service. nearest I could find is Croydon.

looks like I might have to either :-
    a. send it away - a few auctions on ebay for this stuff
    b. buy a turbo sim card (e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BB5-TURBO-SIM-...1%7C240%3A1318) - that one does not require cutting as some do.
    c. just buy a cheap 2G phone - already unlocked. I dont use the 3G features anyway. Besides phone the only thing I occasionally use is a camera. And I rarely use that.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Just spent 1 hour and got nowhere. except find how mobile phone companies rip joe public off.

why is mobile phone locking legal?

next time I will just buy a mobile without sim - then put my own in!
    Just bought a new Nokia in Cell City Vancouver on the Verizon network. The number appears to have been recently recycled and I keep getting calls from a Capital One's call centre in India asking for Janey Miller! What a bonus!

Bad bad Janey Miller. Ran up your Capital One card to the max and then bunked!

Edit:

Just called me again (they are hugely prolific callers) and I lost it with the poor lass, effing and blinding - feel a bit ashamed now. Not her fault - bloody Capital One parasite barstards
    Last edited by bogeyman; 22 November 2008, 16:08.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Good old fashioned yellow pages and taking phone along worked best I found.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Doesn't your local/nearest shopping centre have one of those mobile phone accessory kiosk outlets? They usually unlock phones as well.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Many thanks - I did try there along with other sites.

I have a nokia E65 - seems to be a newer model. I tried a site where I phone up - £1.50 per minute - 5 minute call - but neither code worked. Seems they dont support my model......

So I got another one which said it would unlock for £2.50 - seems I just get a report!

Looked online and best way is to send phone off - they return it unlocks. costs £10. Shops and three charge £30+.

This all started as I HATE three mobile - I got an 18 month contract runs out Jan 09. Called them tonight - they suggested putting sim card in another phone. So I swapped with my pimp mobile(O2) - neither sim worked in the other phone!

I am either going to buy an N95(unlikely) or just a phone with good camera(and not much else) - unlocked. Then try virgin mobile - I can get a good deal but want to see if I get reception.

My pimp mobile works anywhere - my three mobile does not work at home or work - its **SO** embarrassing giving people more than 1 number.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    This any good?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/pho...k-mobile-phone

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic mobile phone unlocking - grrrrr

mobile phone unlocking - grrrrr

Just spent 1 hour and got nowhere. except find how mobile phone companies rip joe public off.

why is mobile phone locking legal?

next time I will just buy a mobile without sim - then put my own in!

Working...
X