• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any free antivirus left ?"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    That's what I have on all my machines
    AVG is rubbish. It consistently comes bottom of the benchmarks for free av software.

I wouldnt have it on my kids pc's never mind business pc's!

Avast is one of the best and if you want a freebie, I'd use that or something else but deffo not avg.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    I recently replaced AVG with Avast on one of my laptops to give it a go.

Avast found 3 trojans that AVG had missed
    I'm not surprised. Avast! is very, very good software.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    AVG
    Avast!
    I recently replaced AVG with Avast on one of my laptops to give it a go.

Avast found 3 trojans that AVG had missed

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Not dissing Kaspersky but the latest version of Spybot alerts you to registry change attempts.
    Sorry. Kaspersky has done this for a while.

The overall Kaspersky package is pretty damb good. For example, try stopping the AV service and see how far you get with that!

The free AV products don't scan web content which is why I won't use or trust them. You can pickup a license that protects three computers for peanuts now. Free doesn't mean it's any good.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    I made the switch from Avast to Antivir yesterday. No real reason other than I saw a lot of recommendations for the latter and thought I'd give it a go. Bored? Who, me?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Well I've just put on

ESET NOD32 Antivirus (comes with the Asus machine registration);
    SUPERAntiSpyware
    Comodo v3 firewall.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    AVG
    That's what I have on all my machines

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Big fan of F-Prot Internet Security here. Kept my system (and Halo's) clean for several years now.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Been using Kaspersky for a few years now and it seems to keep me clean. Have been nosing around as Sophos' offers recently as they seem to have some very nifty stuff for controlling networks and it's pretty quick, but I'll wait until my Kaspersky licence runs out before I get anything else

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Not dissing Kaspersky but the latest version of Spybot alerts you to registry change attempts.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I use Kaspersky. Checks my e-mails and checks for virus'. Removes/deletes everything and also notifies me of any registry changes so that I can refuse to accept them. Does the job for me and 1 licence allows you to put it on three machines.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    That test was at the beginning of 2007. Microshaft were frantically writing updates for months after that report. They covered all the main issues, except for one that I complained to them about- The email check delay on opening.
    Yep, you are probably correct, but this is Microtulipe we are talking about though.....

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Onecare didn't get a good review here...
    That test was at the beginning of 2007. Microshaft were frantically writing updates for months after that report. They covered all the main issues, except for one that I complained to them about- The email check delay on opening.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Onecare didn't get a good review here...

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I use SUPERAntispyware (Yes they have a free version).
    Yeah, I've used that in the past - worked very well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X