• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Create Azure user from ServiceNow ticket"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Turns out clientCo may not have paid for Orchestration, so that's a pointless bit of investigation. Thanks though for the pointers.

They seem to have avoided paying for pretty much all of the useful features (workflows being the current one I'm bashing my head against a wall over).

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

at risk of going slightly

have you done much with Azure Logic Apps to raise SNOW tickets?
    I might need to integrate Azure Sentinel to SNOW, and it seems well documented but you never know till you try.
    Nope. Not a scooby, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Hello clever peeps

As per the title, is there a way to take a Request ticket in ServiceNow and on change of state (e.g. approved) trigger something that will set up a user account in Azure AD?

Links to documentation would be fab

TIA
    at risk of going slightly

have you done much with Azure Logic Apps to raise SNOW tickets?
    I might need to integrate Azure Sentinel to SNOW, and it seems well documented but you never know till you try.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Create a PowerShell activity (servicenow.com)

and

New-ADUser (ActiveDirectory) | Microsoft Docs

The first is how to trigger a powershell activity from servicenow - the latter how to create a AD user from within powershell

A bit of searching should give you examples on how to do both.
    new-adusers works if you have on-premise AD and sync to Azure. The Azure only equivalent is new-azureaduser... but....if you use "new-msoluser". It provides the option of setting a license with one command.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Actually a second google search gives me Orchestration example - Active directory user management | ServiceNow Docs

is servicenow's website so bad that it makes the CUK forum search engine look usable?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Create a PowerShell activity (servicenow.com)

and

New-ADUser (ActiveDirectory) | Microsoft Docs

The first is how to trigger a powershell activity from servicenow - the latter how to create a AD user from within powershell

A bit of searching should give you examples on how to do both.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    started a topic Create Azure user from ServiceNow ticket

Create Azure user from ServiceNow ticket

Hello clever peeps

As per the title, is there a way to take a Request ticket in ServiceNow and on change of state (e.g. approved) trigger something that will set up a user account in Azure AD?

Links to documentation would be fab

TIA

Working...
X