• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone with Phillips Hue bulbs...."

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    The colour ones are typically a gimmick unless you're in the adult industry and want to tell punters when you're open for business.
    Rooooxaaaaaannnneeee!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Yeah the red isn't really red enough for adult work - it's more a rosy hue
    I bow to your superior knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Yeah the red isn't really red enough for adult work - it's more a rosy hue

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    The colour ones are typically a gimmick unless you're in the adult industry and want to tell punters when you're open for business.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Handy for Christmas or if you have a party (remember those) I suppose. Instant decorations without a trip to the attic.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Presumably colours lets you tune how bright/warm white it is too? I hate these 4000-6000K ones, 3000K is perfect IMO.
    They have an "ambiance" range which lets you set the warmth of the light but by all accounts it can be done just as well on the basic white ones

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Presumably colours lets you tune how bright/warm white it is too? I hate these 4000-6000K ones, 3000K is perfect IMO.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    I have been using Hue for years and realised that I don't use colours at all. On the contrary, colour bulbs fitted in my daughter's room has seen its fair share of usage.

Kids/Teens use colour bulbs at least 4-5 times a week :-). For me, it's was like buying a 3D TV and never used 3D features.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not Hue but I put strip LED's under the kitchen cupboards and around a scoffolding wardrobe type thing in the kids wardrobe. I opted for the 16m colours for the coolness. Turned it on, flicked through the colours, set a colour and haven't changed since. Fun for about 20 secs, waste of time for the rest.
    That’s my thinking, yes I can set the RGB in my lights, in the strips and the GPU, but why would I ever want to [emoji23]

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Do you ever use the 16.4m colour options, or is it just a gimmick and I should stick with the cheaper white only version?
    Not Hue but I put strip LED's under the kitchen cupboards and around a scoffolding wardrobe type thing in the kids wardrobe. I opted for the 16m colours for the coolness. Turned it on, flicked through the colours, set a colour and haven't changed since. Fun for about 20 secs, waste of time for the rest.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I don't own such a thing. It's a gimmick.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    started a topic Anyone with Phillips Hue bulbs....

Anyone with Phillips Hue bulbs....

Do you ever use the 16.4m colour options, or is it just a gimmick and I should stick with the cheaper white only version?

Working...
X