• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Learning recommendations"

Collapse

• Netraider
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    When I’ve finished my current kubernetes cert, I’m going to sign up to MasterClass for some non-work related training. Some of that stuff looks great.
    My son gave me the Aaron Franklin BBQ Masterclass for Xmas. Thoroughly enjoying it, especially as I am stuck at home at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    When I’ve finished my current kubernetes cert, I’m going to sign up to MasterClass for some non-work related training. Some of that stuff looks great.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    How's yer powershell?

dbatools.io

dbachecks.io

Although you may already be aware of these using SQL Server. They are very helpful.

qh
    Excellent thank you.

Leave a comment:

• kane121
    replied
    You can go for graphic designing. Learn Adobe photoshop, illustrator, after effects, premier pro. These are some in-demand skills now a days.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    How's yer powershell?

dbatools.io

dbachecks.io

Although you may already be aware of these using SQL Server. They are very helpful.

qh

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    I've been playing with this recentlyAZ3166 IOT Developer Kit - Seeed Studio

It's an iot device based on arduino set up to communicate with Azure. I'm using it to learn about event streaming, data lakes and next will be storing the data in Cosmo.

If you want to play with lights, try out an arduino with some ws2812b directly addressable LED lights. You can use the arduino IDE to make some cool stuff with tons of lights.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I have an annual membership to Pluralsight. But I’m looking for some interesting ideas. I’ve got a golf app im writing in xamarin using the courses on Pluralsight, but it’s just standard programming stuff.

I was thinking about something to do with automation or I’ve seen a few things on the internet with interactive light show exhibits. Something fun I wouldn’t normally do or work related.

Leave a comment:

• amyacker
    replied
    Check on coursera, they have 100+ courses to be free in this month.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Free April Month | Pluralsight

All free this month, I'm tempted to do some of the security courses.

KUATB doofus

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Free April Month | Pluralsight

All free this month, I'm tempted to do some of the security courses.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You've posted in technical so does that mean you're still thinking work related, or would you consider something more 'hobbyist' and posted here in the hope of getting sensible answers?
    Good question. I want sensible answers, you are right. But I’m open to anything though my preference is something technical but hobbyist could be fun.

Excellent question.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You've posted in technical so does that mean you're still thinking work related, or would you consider something more 'hobbyist' and posted here in the hope of getting sensible answers?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    started a topic Learning recommendations

Learning recommendations

I usually spend my learning hours on .net, sql server and azure.

Looking for some interesting things to learn, not necessarily to do with programming. Any suggestions to take me out of my comfort zone?

Working...
X