• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PC wont power up - flashing DRAM LED light"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    This thread inspired me to try to get an old PC working. Finally managed it after replacing the cpu, mobo, ram, psu, hard drive, and case. Turned out the keyboard wasn't plugged in.
    Keyboard error or no keyboard found: Press F1 to continue.......

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If it meets the spec advertised and the price is reasonable for that performance the quality criteria has been met? The Trabant was a quality product I believe.
    The Trabant was awesome, no rust, no radiators to bleed and you could parallel park by shoving it to the side.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    "Performance/quality not adequate" is perfectly legitimate reason for returning pre-Ryzen AMD CPUs...
    If it meets the spec advertised and the price is reasonable for that performance the quality criteria has been met? The Trabant was a quality product I believe.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    "Performance/quality not adequate" is perfectly legitimate reason for returning pre-Ryzen AMD CPUs...

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    This thread inspired me to try to get an old PC working. Finally managed it after replacing the cpu, mobo, ram, psu, hard drive, and case. Turned out the keyboard wasn't plugged in.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nope some people have sent 8-13 items back in a year. They normally buy over 200 items per year but Amazon closes their account.
    It what if they send them all back stating I sufficient quality all 13 times yet the average is 2 for quality purposes and a few just because you don't want it or changed your mind. They'll stand out like a sore thumb?

Actually don't worry. Let's get back on topic.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 20 September 2017, 16:13.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Sending anything back using an incorrect categorisation is taking the piss. Those thst get banned for it were way beyond that. Any anyway, when did that ever stop you?
    Nope some people have sent 8-13 items back in a year. They normally buy over 200 items per year but Amazon closes their account.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Yes there are reasons for the return where the return is free. If you just dont want it anymore you can send back yourself or its £4 for amazon locker dropoff I think.

I think if you give reason "item is not of sufficient quality" its free.

Got to be a bit careful about taking the p*ss mind. You hear stories of amazon closing accounts because they sent too much stuff back.
    Sending anything back using an incorrect categorisation is taking the piss. Those thst get banned for it were way beyond that. Any anyway, when did that ever stop you?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yep unless it is faulty and within a certain time limit.
    Yes there are reasons for the return where the return is free. If you just dont want it anymore you can send back yourself or its £4 for amazon locker dropoff I think.

I think if you give reason "item is not of sufficient quality" its free.

Got to be a bit careful about taking the p*ss mind. You hear stories of amazon closing accounts because they sent too much stuff back.

Stil prefer amazon every day of the week due to ease, great customer service, easy returns etc.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You have to pay to return stuff?
    Yep unless it is faulty and within a certain time limit.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Good old amazon. Can return anything for very little cost...
    You have to pay to return stuff?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Only a bargain if it works.....
    Good old amazon. Can return anything for very little cost...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    It's a none Ryzen cpu and an old motherboard - I really wouldn't call it a bargain unless the computer doubles up as the heater for the room

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Not sure if I've found the problem.

MOBO has two power connectors. The main 24pin and a smaller 8pin one (cpu?). Yes I did plug both in from replacement PSU!

I accidentally noticed that if the 8 pin is disconnected or connected makes no difference at all. Checked voltages on the output from psu on this 8 pin and looks ok. So it looks like the problem is with the 8pin secondary power socket on the mobo. (New one has gone back to amazon so cant test that).

CPU could be still ok but who knows. Anyway, old mobo and cpu so I've bought new AMD mobo and processor from amazon. Bargain - £160 or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X