• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FAO Admin: please allow attachments"

Collapse

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He's never available..
    ...she lamented...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I think the question is when is NickFitz available and can he be convinced to do it cheaply enough...
    He's never available..

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I think the question is when is NickFitz available and can he be convinced to do it cheaply enough...
    Oh, much cheapness, plenty quickness. NF is a proper contractor who knows how to sub out dead-end projects.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Smoove, like butter.

I don't predict.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Hoping to move to a new forum at some point and will definitely allow photo uploading on that. Looking at forum options and might go with another system away from VBulletin so the less stuff to convert over at the minute the better. Will definitely sort it out in whatever new version we go with though!
    Smoove, like butter.

I don't predict.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm sure any forum software allows this on a per-user basis You can just ignore users though, perhaps that would suit you better.
    I don't mind chatting to most users, but like with people in real life I don't want to see their snaps.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Will you be able to block certain users from uploading photos?

Otherwise we will end up with spam as photos, have to look at picture of d000hg's taps, MF's veggie produce or Bee's cats.
    I'm sure any forum software allows this on a per-user basis You can just ignore users though, perhaps that would suit you better.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    That could all be outweighed by MaryPoppins and her Xmas party pics though.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Hoping to move to a new forum at some point and will definitely allow photo uploading on that. Looking at forum options and might go with another system away from VBulletin so the less stuff to convert over at the minute the better. Will definitely sort it out in whatever new version we go with though!
    Will you be able to block certain users from uploading photos?

Otherwise we will end up with spam as photos, have to look at picture of d000hg's taps, MF's veggie produce or Bee's cats.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    FAO Admin: please allow attachments

<Remembers last forum update.>

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Actually I was going to treat you to a view of my greenhouse
    One has a son for that kind of crap.

Thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Actually I was going to treat you to a view of my greenhouse

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    And have you filling the place up with pictures of your tedious bloody taps?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic FAO Admin: please allow attachments

FAO Admin: please allow attachments

Back in the past, no forums allowed hosting attachments and we had to host them somewhere and provide links. As times have changed, CUK is now the only forum I use which doesn't allow me to upload images directly. Programming, gardening, DIY, forums all let me upload files with sensible file/image size restrictions.

Please can it be allowed, because frankly I can't be arsed finding somewhere to store images which allows 3rd party hosting, uploading, copying the link and so on

You know it makes sense, storage is so cheap these days!

Working...
X