• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Android tablet for my 8 year old kid?"

Collapse

• pscont
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Are there reliable downloads for cyanogenmod these days now that they've shut down? I tried to find one at one stage but couldn't get the version I needed for that particular phone.
    I got 12.1 from xda forum. Nothing is 100% safe when it comes to custom ROMs.
    Lineageos is the next CM. Run latest android on a sony sp. Runs like charm.
    Last edited by pscont; 19 June 2017, 23:00.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by pscont View Post
    Got kindle fire for £35.
    Booted fireOS once and immediately put cyanogenmod 12.1 on it. Took 10 mins tops.
    Now having a stock android 5.1.1. with google play and everything.
    The hardware is crap, but it is £35.
    Are there reliable downloads for cyanogenmod these days now that they've shut down? I tried to find one at one stage but couldn't get the version I needed for that particular phone.

Leave a comment:

• pscont
    replied
    Got kindle fire for £35.
    Booted fireOS once and immediately put cyanogenmod 12.1 on it. Took 10 mins tops.
    Now having a stock android 5.1.1. with google play and everything.
    The hardware is crap, but it is £35.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    What OS/App store do the Kindles use, I assume it's not the stock Google Play store
    Amazon App Store, Fire OS - based on Android.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Kindle Fire for £49 - disposable tech at it's best. It was on sale for £35 few weeks back as they were clearing stock for the new model, was considering getting one "just because", cheap as chips. Too bad sal.jr has developed taste for Apple tech from a tender age and is having none of this cheap android malarky.
    What OS/App store do the Kindles use, I assume it's not the stock Google Play store

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Asus Zenpad S 8- inch tablet . Model number: Z580C-1B005A. Fantastic bit of kit for £139.00.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    They don't need to be directors. Buy it as a business asset anyway. For testing some apps you are working on innit.
    R&D, yes, my company does a lot of that.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I thought 'Android tablet for my 8 year old kid' was going to be a swap offer at first. Plenty of Tories on here. They love that sorta thing.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Kindle Fire for £49 - disposable tech at it's best. It was on sale for £35 few weeks back as they were clearing stock for the new model, was considering getting one "just because", cheap as chips. Too bad sal.jr has developed taste for Apple tech from a tender age and is having none of this cheap android malarky.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Buy him a few of these, it's a bargain as the price has dropped by £1370.40: https://www.astringo.co.uk/shop/refu...FQaeGwodyJ0EQw

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    They don't need to be directors. Buy it as a business asset anyway. For testing some apps you are working on innit.
    A letter from HMR&C is on its way....

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Accountant says No.

Leave a comment:

• fatJock
    replied
    Was in same situation - replaced with £50 Kindle Fire. Not as good as the Hudl but nowt much in it.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Kindle Fire?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Accountant says No.
    What are you asking them for??

Leave a comment:

Working...