• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Essential Tech?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Essential Tech?"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    OLED 4K HDR 55" TV (LG) now £1350 with 5 year warranty at Currys, if the discount code(s) still work as found on that hotukdeals site.

Been waiting for OLED 4k to become reasonably priced, though still fairly happy with my 50" plasma. Just need 4k blu-ray to become more ubiquitous, or more 4k content on Netflix/Amazon Prime, but in the meantime the OLED picture quality is unbeatable (better than plasma/LCD) apparently.

May have to pop down Currys for a gander, not been in one of their stores for years.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Nokia 3310, 2017 relaunch edition. £50 or less.

Was tempted, as a backup PAYG phone for my second number I hand out to companies/people I don't want to pester me on my main phone, but it's only 2.5G so can't use Three's 123 sim* for uber cheapness.

* As it's used mostly for incoming calls/txts only, a tenner top up lasts me about a year.

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    Surely you should be picking something from here - https://howtospendit.ft.com

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
    DJI Mavic UAV.
    I just entered the drone market but at an order of magnitude cheaper... no idea if it's something I really will enjoy and wanted to dip my toe in the water

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01I2KECNU

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
    DJI Mavic UAV.
    That's a impressive drone and very portable too unlike some of the ones I have seen being used. I have checked the prices here in the US and it's $999 (inc. all taxes and delivery) as opposed to £1099. Did you get all the extras (charging hub, spare batteries etc.)?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sex robot.

Essential for all nerds that are so devoid of intellect they don't even know which tech is essential or desirable...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    An e-reader?

Smart heating system such as EvoHome (hacking optional)?

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by le3ky View Post
    Next buy I reckon will be a smart coffee machine, "hey google, make me a latte" would be nice.

If it's 'internet of things' ready don't be surprised one morning if it holds you to ransom offering only Nescafe Original crud () until you give it some bitcoins.

Leave a comment:

• InsertWittyNameHere555
    replied
    Battery power pack, you can have all the gadgets you want but if they run out of power when out and about they are just paperweights, I have an Anker and it's rock solid
    Last edited by InsertWittyNameHere555; 22 May 2017, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

• BackupBoy
    replied
    DJI Mavic UAV.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Estate car, roll of carpet, shovel.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Is this about essential tech you want?

Or essential tech you need?

Leave a comment:

• l35kee
    replied
    I have a Huawei smsrtwatch which is pretty nice, the main comments I get are shock that it's a smartwatch, and not a traditional one.

Google Home is awesome too. Saying "hey google, goodnight" before you go to sleep and watching your lamp and tv turn off is pretty awesome. As is "hey google, play suits on netflix" when the kids are in bed.

Next buy I reckon will be a smart coffee machine, "hey google, make me a latte" would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Got a new turntable for the office: Vinyl to Digital Turntable | USB Record Player| PS-HX500 | Sony US and little amplifier to plug it into: https://marshallamps.com/products/lifestyle/stanmore/

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Wevibe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X