• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Essential Tech?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Brought a smart watch on a whim the other day. Pretty useful on walks as it has a clear stopwatch and pedometer. Various facilities via Bluetooth, unfortunately can't the appropriate app on my ancient smartphone to connect it.

Get an Android emulator for Windows/Mac and a USB Bluetooth dongle if not already built in (e.g. laptop).
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Didn't know there was an Android emulator for Windows. Cheers.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Wevibe
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Got a new turntable for the office: Vinyl to Digital Turntable | USB Record Player| PS-HX500 | Sony US and little amplifier to plug it into: https://marshallamps.com/products/lifestyle/stanmore/
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have a Huawei smsrtwatch which is pretty nice, the main comments I get are shock that it's a smartwatch, and not a traditional one.

Google Home is awesome too. Saying "hey google, goodnight" before you go to sleep and watching your lamp and tv turn off is pretty awesome. As is "hey google, play suits on netflix" when the kids are in bed.

Next buy I reckon will be a smart coffee machine, "hey google, make me a latte" would be nice.

Comment

Is this about essential tech you want?

Or essential tech you need?

Comment

Estate car, roll of carpet, shovel.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

DJI Mavic UAV.

Comment

Battery power pack, you can have all the gadgets you want but if they run out of power when out and about they are just paperweights, I have an Anker and it's rock solid
                    Last edited by InsertWittyNameHere555; 22 May 2017, 14:50.
                    Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

Originally posted by le3ky View Post
                      Next buy I reckon will be a smart coffee machine, "hey google, make me a latte" would be nice.

If it's 'internet of things' ready don't be surprised one morning if it holds you to ransom offering only Nescafe Original crud () until you give it some bitcoins.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X