• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheapest way to get O365?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I'll send you a pic of mine :-)
    unless its a double polaroid don't bother

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    How is it cheapest in the long run to pay more every year?

If you're hosting websites and developing your own products then great - but for the typical contractor that's not the case. Hence my comment about some of us being atypical. MAPS is a very large product offering and incredibly cheap for what you get, but if you don't use it it's still expensive. A bit like me getting a really great deal on an Audi when I work from home and never drive anywhere.

This whole "I don't need to watch what I spend" attitude is also incredibly bad. It's new money foolishness, not how successful businesses work. Buy the tools you need at the best price, end of. I need Visual Studio for coding, and Word/Excel a few times a month. I don't need a full-blown SqlServer installation, Exchange Server, an Azure cloud 24/7, etc. If you do, great.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    £165/yr for Office is pretty much the most expensive way of doing it. Not everyone, or even most people, need everything in the Action Pack - I haven't been a member for several years to know what you get but I still have about 3 large folders full of discs I never used; I think I used Office, Windows and that was about it. For a fledgling business it's an incredible deal but for the typical contractor (of course some of us aren't typical) I'm less certain. Especially now VS Community Edition is so crazy-good.
    You are technically correct this is not the rock bottom, Welsh cheap way to get O365, but it's the cheapest in long term and when you factor in the bigger picture and TOC.

VS Community and any MSDN sub can't be compared as the licenses are for development only and if you use them to host YourCo e-mail or website with them for example you are in breach of the license.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    £165/yr for Office is pretty much the most expensive way of doing it. Not everyone, or even most people, need everything in the Action Pack - I haven't been a member for several years to know what you get but I still have about 3 large folders full of discs I never used; I think I used Office, Windows and that was about it. For a fledgling business it's an incredible deal but for the typical contractor (of course some of us aren't typical) I'm less certain. Especially now VS Community Edition is so crazy-good.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I believe you may have logged on to the wrong forum

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    To clarify, its not massive, just bigger than most

Seriously though, you have spectacularly missed the point, it would likely take around 2 hours of my time all told.

So, not worth it to me.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If you want to save £60 a year, why not get Open365 or Zoho?
    My guess is that this thread is an offshoot of his e-mail migration thread where O365 was identified as a proper and stable e-mail solution for small businesses.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If you want to save £60 a year, why not get Open365 or Zoho?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    MS Action pack costs £165/year(with a 50% code and there is one almost all the time) gives you 5xO365 E3 licenses among scores of other MS licenses and £60ish/Month Azure it's a real no brainer.
    You were doing well until you mentioned the word cost.

PC is probably one of the most errrm "careful" people with his cash on CUK.

The fact that often, in the long run, this much cheapness costs him more is beyond him.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    MS Action pack costs £165/year (with a 50% code and there is one almost all the time) gives you 5xO365 E3 licenses among scores of other MS licenses and £60ish/Month Azure it's a real no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Whooosh as MM waves his massive willy.....
    To clarify, its not massive, just bigger than most

Seriously though, you have spectacularly missed the point, it would likely take around 2 hours of my time all told.

So, not worth it to me.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Whooosh as MM waves his massive willy.....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Seems like a lot of aggro just to save 60 quid.

I make far more than that an hour

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    started a topic Cheapest way to get O365?

Cheapest way to get O365?

I've heard you can buy a cheap tab with O365 included upgrade to O365 home for one month and then cancel. Then you get to keep o365 home subscription.

Anyone ever try this?

Working...
X