• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "M.2 2242 SSD for T450s"

Collapse

• quackhandle
    replied
    So I open the laptop and find that next to the wifi card (where there should be a gap for the m.2 ssd) is an AirCard - I believe this is for 4G, like a phone? Never used my laptop like this, so I am okay to move it and replace with the ssd?

Edit: did it anyway, installing now.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 29 July 2016, 22:03.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I have a T450 with an SSD in it. IBM issue and I'll check tomorrow what SSD it is. Too tired now...
    In the T450s there is room for 1 kitkat style SSD (ie - Crucial M4) and one or two slots for M.2 2242 sized SSDs.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    I have a T450 with an SSD in it. IBM issue and I'll check tomorrow what SSD it is. Too tired now...

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I've successfully upgraded a T420 with an mSata SSD, which looks a similar card/solution to this M.2 malarkey but older tech. So no use to this thread but to say it was a very easy upgrade, just plug in, format, and play.

If you buy the wrong size via an online source you can return it via those distance selling rules, so order one of each size if in doubt and return the ones that don't fit.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    My T420s has two SSDs in it but the T450s is architectured differently and no room for two 2.5'' ssds but there is a slot for an m.2 ssd but I wish they'd keep things consistent.

qh

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I've got a T400 with an SSD in it. Guy in a shop did it so dunno what's involved.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Cheers, I've read that thread, but seems to be sketchy at best.

qh
    Scratch that, I hadn't read the other pages, so many threads to read I was confusing myself - doh!

Answer I'm looking for is either myDigital or ADATA.

Thanks chaps

qh

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Cheers, I've read that thread, but seems to be sketchy at best.

qh

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Snap.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I've found the Lenovo forums handy for technical info on laptop upgrades for the various Lenovos I've had over the years.

Doing a google search for "lenovo forum T450s M.2" brings up the following (presuming it's ok to link to other forums ):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...D/td-p/2044083

May be a good starting point if nothing else, if you've not already tried that route.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Good luck https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa.../td-p/2044083/ gives you a few options but it doesn't look good

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Unfortunately I can't find the size for the T450s (2242) I'm not sure if Samsung do that size (not found any so far).

Cheers

qh

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Installed one of these in my Dell precision https://www.scan.co.uk/products/512g...0mb-s-250k-114

To say its fast is a slight understatement.....

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    started a topic M.2 2242 SSD for T450s

M.2 2242 SSD for T450s

Anyone install a M.2 2242 SSD in to their lenovo, specifically a T450s?

If so did it work and what make was it?

TIA

qh

Working...
X