• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Relocated to Scotland (according to Bing maps)"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's quite near you, actually - I was wondering if you knew the place. Felindre, it's called
    That's the contractor car park for DVLA...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There's tidy then.
    It's quite near you, actually - I was wondering if you knew the place. Felindre, it's called

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its the address of the person emptying your bank account....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I got a massive shock when Apple's Find My Friends announced my Son had 'Left The UK'...

He was still in Salford though, at Uni and working the night shift at Tescos....
    I bet he thought he had looking around work.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I got a massive shock when Apple's Find My Friends announced my Son had 'Left The UK'...

He was still in Salford though, at Uni and working the night shift at Tescos....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Not all geoIP databases get updated at the same speed. After my IP address changed a while back following a Virgin Media outage, Google were putting me in South Wales for about two to three weeks. Other sites seemed to take a couple of months to realise, and many months later, some places still seem to think I'm down in the Valleys rather than in the doldrums of the East Midlands

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Goddam it! Now I'm in Merthyr Tydfil although "What is my IP Address" still says Sussex! Belfast next week?

Ah Seems you can set it manually. Just changed location to Dawn French's knickers.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 5 July 2016, 20:08.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    started a topic Relocated to Scotland (according to Bing maps)

Relocated to Scotland (according to Bing maps)

Another very unimportant issue but just interested and this thread can't be any duller than all the EU stuff in general.

I use Bing maps a lot and sometimes find it brings up a location completely different to my own. Today I am in Carlisle. It isn't IP address, I checked that and it shows I'm still in Sussex. So where is Bing getting the area from?

Cheers.

Working...
X