• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Technical Interview Questions"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Are you Spartacus?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    When is it socially acceptable to lick the chutney spoon?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    "Which style of gladiator is best suited vs. mounted enemies, and why?"

Fairly technical question for contractors.
    Which gladiator fighting style is best at bleeding radiators?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    "Which style of gladiator is best suited vs. mounted enemies, and why?"

Fairly technical question for contractors.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Time for a classic thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...-question.html

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    My best one was "do you like curry and beer"

Got the contract and still in contact with the manager who asked me the question. Yes, I did go out with him for lots of curry and even more lots of beer

It was in Bradford though

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    The questions will be just the same as for a permanent job.

Sometimes they ask a contractor fewer questions because they assume you know.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mourad View Post
    Are the questions more knowlege focused ? (define encapsulation, different between struct and class, etc...)
    Probably, yes.

Do they ask hard algorithmic questions ? (Write an algorithm to reverse a string, etc...)
    Probably, yes.

I've had interviews where I was asked how I would do something technically, including the SQL that I would use - although what they were actually looking for was a much deeper discussion on the underlying requirements before jumping into the solution.

I've had interviews where the only questions I was asked were "do you think you could help us out", "when can you start", and "have you got any holiday planned for the next three months" (I liked that interview).

I've had interviews where I sat with the manuals in front of me expecting to be asked lots of in-depth questions by their guru, who when I made a throwaway comment of "oh yes, I wrote that solution", never got as far as asking anything technical.

So they may ask you nothing, they may ask you everything - so just be prepared for everything.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    If the interviewer is any good they'll ask technical questions that draw on your personal experience.

Anyway - try here.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Funny
    What I meant is that I went through the links on this forum regarding interviews but not one of them talk about technical questions.
    I'm talking about C#, ASP.NET, MVC, .NET,
    Are the questions more knowlege focused ? (define encapsulation, different between struct and class, etc...)
    Do they ask hard algorithmic questions ? (Write an algorithm to reverse a string, etc...)
    I am a first time contractor and wondered about the kind of technical software dev questions asked.
    How long is a piece of string,?

Be prepared to answer all questions.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Just watch out for prospective clients trying it on to get free work

If they try to get you to do something that looks remotely useful to them, there is no role

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Funny
    What I meant is that I went through the links on this forum regarding interviews but not one of them talk about technical questions.
    I am a first time contractor and wondered about the kind of technical software dev questions asked.
    As with a permie interview it depends on what they want to ask....

Leave a comment:

• Mourad
    replied
    Funny

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Since this could mean all IT answers to all IT questions I would start here and follow the links. Information technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• Mourad
    started a topic Technical Interview Questions

Technical Interview Questions

Dear All,
    I have been trying to find out what sort of technical questions are asked at a contract job interview (let's say for a C# developer for instance).
    Can anyone help me with this ?
    Thanks

Working...
X