• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I have a confession to make"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    But who will have the best engagement party?
    Cailin Maith.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I'm pretty sure Churchy and CM will be tying the knot before MrsB and myself
    But who will have the best engagement party?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

when is the big day ?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    So when is the wedding DaveB? Did she like the ring, did it fit?
    Wedding is still a fair way off. It took us 8 years just to get engaged so dont start expecting things to speed up now!

And yes, she liked the ring and yes it did fit.

I'm pretty sure Churchy and CM will be tying the knot before MrsB and myself

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I can't imagine why anyone would do it like that in the first place.

I proposed after I'd just had my oats.

As it were.
    I knew a chap who did that.

Several times.

He started out quite wealthy.

Three divorces later he was quite poor.

Leave a comment:

• BoltonLad
    replied
    Congrats!

Very Happy Married Life.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Congrats! Cheesy = romantic. Keep it up!

Although, if you'd waited a week, you could have got the ring in the January sales...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I missed the "ex" bit. But now you've said that...

I think proposing in front of the other person's family at an event (such as a birthday party or Xmas) is tulipty, manipulative, spineless emotional blackmail.

That got done to the woman who is now my wife. The ratbag proposed in the middle of a big birthday party that he had secretly organised; his family, her family and loads of friends were there.

They had only been going out. There had been no discussion about anything else.

And then she found herself in the middle of a rented hall, with everyone she knew present, with the bloke holding the DJ's microphone in one hand and a rather tulipe Argos engagement ring in the other.

WTF was she supposed to say?

It took her months to back-pedal her way out of that and then she was made out to be the villain by her family.
    Blimey. Well my ex was not being manipulative, he was a very sweet bloke. Which was part of the problem.

It was extremely difficult though, as my initial reaction was to make a MaryP shaped hole in the wall, but my family reacted loudly as soon as it became clear what he intended - whooping and shouting etc, making it hard for me to say anything except yes. I am still ashamed of that.

As for CM and Churchill, I was wondering that...a CUK wedding!!

So when is the wedding DaveB? Did she like the ring, did it fit?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I wonder when CM will tell Churchill?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The present MrsB is not actually "Mrs" B.

In order to rectify this situation, and to save me from having to stop and look in jewellers windows every time we go past one, I finally got around to asking her to actually marry me.

The silly mare said yes.

I guess that makes me a fiance, again
    congratulations

I wonder when Churchill will ask CM?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Congrats

I asked once in private (ala Zeity) and then once I knew I was on to a sure thing (and she had chosen the ring - I knew even then my opinion didn't matter) once in public.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    elope to gretna green DaveB

save yourself a fortune, and have a story to tell fo the rest of your life (assuming you live that long)

when is the big day ?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    congrats etc

I proposed via text.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    It's amazing what people will do for a free toaster.

Congrats DaveB

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I can't imagine why anyone would do it like that in the first place.

I proposed after I'd just had my oats.

As it were.
    At breakfast?

Well I suppose it frees up the rest of the day if you do it then.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I didn't marry him. Or is that your point?
    I missed the "ex" bit. But now you've said that...

I think proposing in front of the other person's family at an event (such as a birthday party or Xmas) is tulipty, manipulative, spineless emotional blackmail.

That got done to the woman who is now my wife. The ratbag proposed in the middle of a big birthday party that he had secretly organised; his family, her family and loads of friends were there.

They had only been going out. There had been no discussion about anything else.

And then she found herself in the middle of a rented hall, with everyone she knew present, with the bloke holding the DJ's microphone in one hand and a rather tulipe Argos engagement ring in the other.

WTF was she supposed to say?

It took her months to back-pedal her way out of that and then she was made out to be the villain by her family.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X