• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    No more telly for me tonight, though I watched a bit more video from Apple WWDC, going on about how wonderful all the new APIs are

The new testing framework looks good, as writing tests with the old one was a bit clunky, it having originated back in the Objective-C days

Anyway, early night now. I've got to go to the dentist for a checkup tomorrow morning, so I ought to be properly rested to make it slightly more bearable

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I was so excited at the prospect of a new 24 Hours in A&E that I watched it live!

That was after a few episodes of Trauma Room 1.

Recycling and food waste bins have been trundled.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Long day almost done

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The gas safety certificate came through.

Contract signed, initial payment made.

HWMBO has gone home.

Car is booked in for its MOT

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork chop (from Chatsworth, of course) with chips and beans

Accompanied by the Apple WWDC thing. Lots of AI stuff coming

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The gas safety certificate came through.

Contract signed, initial payment made.

HWMBO has gone home.

Car is booked in for its MOT

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Apple's developer conference starts soon

Not sure if the keynote is still accompanied on Twitter by confused non-developers wondering when they're going to start talking about new iPhones

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a hot dog

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    More toothpaste inspection later. And trip to the dump. Exciting. What fun life is!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 17.1 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 8th of October 2019 the missing guinea fowl was found, I went down the dump with green waste, just for fun, like, NF was having fun with Datagrip, whereas I was watching yet more Jeremiah S2 and Joan of Arcadia S1 but still smelling the presence of the kippers from several days earlier.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Bought a Colin Watson book "Coffin scarcely used" (very rare to see a Colin Watson book) and as it transpires, I already have it, so off to Oxfam with it before I've even opened it.

Lunch: scrambled egg (just the one) etc.

Five lawns mown. Knackered now.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S3 E6 "Hi infidelity": the one where Veronica's essay gets lit up like an Xmas tree by turnitin (or fictitious equivalent).

Tea: cheese & egg sandwich, cheese & ham sandwich, a round of toast, etc.

Thought I'd get the egg sandwich craving out of the way earlier today.

Entertainment: PM.

The last 10 minutes of Morse S1 E1 "The dead of Jericho", so I had to watch the last 4 minutes of Endeavour too.

Villages by the sea: Devon.

Abandoned Engineering (new): I wonder if there'll be any engineering in this one. . Radio Caroline. Hotel in Beirut on the Green Line. Some crazy Russian themed theme park in Japan. Opa-Loka in Florida. Glen Curtiss.

Oh look: there's a Hawkwind track to go with it:

NCIS S20 E20 "Second Opinion". The reviews are less than golden. .

No Beyond Skinwalker bollox this week, it ended last week.

No Gunfighters this week, ditto.

Some other tosh: Blowing up History on DMAX. Henges, henges, and more henges: Avebury etc. Not stunningly inneresting.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:33.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Windy. Overcast. Damp. There was some rain overnight / early morning. The cloud is set to dissipate as the morning progresses but there's a chance of a shower late afternoon/early evening. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 16 expected. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

I did not appreciate the the noise of successive bin lorries (or that's what it seemed like) making a load of racket at 5.30 am. It's not even bin day on my road until tomorrow. I shan't miss that when I move. Assuming that's still on as the landlady still hasn't produced a gas safety certificate.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

A rainy night and, at the moment, a grey and rainy morning. The rain may stop in a couple of hours, but the cloud isn't expected to part until this evening. It's 8°C now and maybe reaching 14° this afternoon, with the barometers down a little at 997/1005mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    a little overnight precipitation and a cloudy start to a long day.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The usual US borders and NZ police stuff was on this afternoon; repeats, and largely ignored

Later, an episode of Trauma Room 1 followed by an old 24 Hours in A&E

Monday yet again tomorrow. The distortion of the weekend caused by my trip northwards yesterday has left me feeling discombobulated and unready for yet another week, but I don't suppose they'll accept that as an excuse

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X