• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hope it all gets sorted, eek. I'm sure it will but I suppose the seller could claim some form of penalty for the delay? I'd hope the errant solicitor picks up any such bill.

In my own housing news, no paperwork has been raised yet by the letting agency. This is because the landlady is overseas (not sure if resident or just on holiday) and they want to get confirmation about the removal of unnecessary furniture I've requested first. I'm glad they're doing a proper job of it so am comfortable with the minor delay.

My current landlady has lined up some viewings for tomorrow and next week. Some chap who lives up the road came past as I was faffing in the front garden who'd seen the place online and wanted to have a look at where it is due to him and his wife needing to move and wanting to stay local. I gave him an unofficial tour as I didn't see any reason not to. I almost considered asking for a swap until he mentioned his landlord keeps whatsapping him and his wife trying to convert them to Islam.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been lamb shank in red wine and redcurrant sauce with chips and peas

Accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell

The bed has been left to air, so now I need to make it before settling down for the evening

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well today we should be completing on twin A’s house but our solicitor has failed to sort the mortgage money out.

trouble is last email he sent said the delay was with the vendor’s solicitor - cue me being very annoyed

Hope it gets sorted ASAP

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My offer on that flat I saw was accepted! The other people failed referencing, namely the affordability checks. So today will be about sorting my referencing out to ensure I don't suffer the same fate.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

My wife did it before I could stop her. I was more concerned in sorting out the offer and mortgage than subsequent bits.

and by the time I discovered what she had done it was too late
    oops! just have to handle the fallout then, - good luck.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

so why give him the work if you thought that?
    My wife did it before I could stop her. I was more concerned in sorting out the offer and mortgage than subsequent bits.

and by the time I discovered what she had done it was too late

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Always thought that given a family friend the work was a bad idea and now he’s successfully confirmed to me that he was the untrustworthy slimy “Christian” I thought he was
    so why give him the work if you thought that?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Will add - my annoyance comes from the fact that based on what I was told the only issue was elsewhere cue putting pressure on that elsewhere.

Only to be told by the person I asked to apply pressure that the real issue was on our side.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by covbob View Post

That's a pretty tulipty situation eek - no wonder you're annoyed. I remember my overriding worry when I was buying this place being that I couldn't see the various moving parts of the process as well as I'd like and assure myself that it was all going OK. Any idea when you might be able to get it sorted?
    Nope and that's the problem - things are usually handled via an online portal "Lender Exchange" but this solicitor doesn't use it.

Story I've been told is that 2 page faxes have been sent but not all of it's arrived - I'm sorry but that's the 1990 way of doing things...

Going to be fun when this is finished as I have enough stuff from other emails to get the FCA making painful inquires as to their processes (I've 2 emails with other customer payments listed in it including amounts and reference details which is often house details).

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Well today we should be completing on twin A’s house but our solicitor has failed to sort the mortgage money out.

trouble is last email he sent said the delay was with the vendor’s solicitor - cue me being very annoyed
    That's a pretty tulipty situation eek - no wonder you're annoyed. I remember my overriding worry when I was buying this place being that I couldn't see the various moving parts of the process as well as I'd like and assure myself that it was all going OK. Any idea when you might be able to get it sorted?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Always thought that given a family friend the work was a bad idea and now he’s successfully confirmed to me that he was the untrustworthy slimy “Christian” I thought he was

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Wet. Raining. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Rain expected off and on all day. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

My offer on that flat I saw was accepted! The other people failed referencing, namely the affordability checks. So today will be about sorting my referencing out to ensure I don't suffer the same fate.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Chilly in here at 14 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1005.3 mBar, 29.686 in Hg, 754 Torr, 14.58 psi, (up from 1004.7 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of September 2019 LM had returned from Scotlandshire, I'd been up the loft gluing bits of slate over the hole in the roof left by the scaffolders some years earlier, and NF was unsure that his windows would be unstuck, whereas NF had forgotten the Roman numerals from Monday links.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S2 E2 "Driver Ed". Investigating the bus crash.

Tea: soup.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S1 E19 WTF? "A dozen red roses".

Coast & Country on ITVW. Castles, bridges, Snowdon, etc.

The Eagles Live from the LA Forum: well it's on. Waiting for Hotel California.

Curse of the Ancients with Alice Roberts: the middle ages. I wonder if this one will keep me awake. .

Ancient Murders Unearthed.

Cursed Treasure. Some guff about 20,000 year old discovery from Ice Age Spain.

Have you got it yet: the story of Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd on Sky Arts.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 19:25.

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Morning all

Barely awake here - kept waking up dreaming last night. Eldest child wouldn't get ready for school. Grey, overcast. TFIF or something.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X