• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    LFT: faintly positive

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

It was clear blue sky when I got up earlier but now it's clouded over but still bright out. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 later. No rain expected. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

Lunch yesterday in Mortlake/Barnes was very nice. HWMBO was very delayed getting home but he got there eventually.

Contemplating tidying and sorting stuff out but I also have to leave for the hairdresser in an hour so chances are not much will get done.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Seems a little variable out, with the sun dodging behind increasingly large patches of cloud. There's a 30% chance of rain soon, but even if it happens it'll probably be the merest shower. Temperature is 17°C and might reach 20° mid-afternoon, and the barometers are creeping back up at 1001/1009mB

Another good night's sleep was had. I haven't checked my temperature yet but it feels fine. Wondering whether to risk an LFT; I think I've only got one box of the NHS ones left now

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Windy.

Chilly at 19.3 deg in here.

1003.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from yesterday by an undefined amount, the barometer not having been tapped & set prior to TFBSZ), 72% RH.

Sunday.

This morning's dream, following the interruption to sleep caused by EE sending texts FFS, seemed to involve Rover P4s and MOTs for some strange reason.

Walk (abbreviated with alternate horsefly avoiding route) walked with an umbrella which successfully prevented it raining.

Lunch: Morrisons cumberland best of sausages, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: DID Bono, Just a Minute.

Extraordinary: The Revelations: more UFO bollox on Blaze. This one is full of The Number of the Beast & such like, with The Mark, and genetic manipulation thrown in for good measure.

Followed by some conspiracy theory bollox that just went <click>
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 13:04.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I watched a couple of things about engineering failures this afternoon, before the SR-71 thing. And all I've watched this evening has been some episodes of 24 Hours in A&E from 2012, being the second series

Very tired again now, but at least I got some useful bits and bobs done today

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No Chinese tonight, thanks to the positive test

Instead, tea has been one of those delicious steak & caramelised onion burgers in a seedy bun with sweet chilli sauce, and fries

And the bed was remade in stages over the last two or three hours to avoid any slumping of the energy levels, and is now ready for use

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    After me walk I stopped at the cafe near the local reservoir sailing club. Two ladies walking past talking and one of them said rather loudly "My bum's all wet" before she noticed me sitting there and said "Whoops, too much information". I managed to resist the urge to say "No, tell me more!"

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watching a thing about the SR-71. Apparently it was supposed to be called the RS-71, but LBJ got the name wrong in a speech announcing it, and they decided it was easier to rename the plane than to correct the President

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: sausages in finger rolls, and very nice they were

My website has been down for ages after a WordPress automatic update broke. So last night and today, I've figured out how to get Apache with PHP running in a Docker container and MySQL in another, and managed to get it working enough to access the WP admin and just upgrade the thing to the latest version. Then I overwrote the WP install on the server with the local files, and was able to get into the admin on there and do the final DB update steps and what have you, and it's finally running again

Next step: find out which is the best WP static site generator. If I can run the entire WordPress aspect of the site locally in a couple of Docker instances, there's no need to be presenting an attack surface to the world. I haven't allowed comments for years anyway, and there's no other features I use that would require a functioning backend. So I might as well just serve plain HTML files: it's faster, cheaper, and more secure.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Asbestos blokes done reasonable job but some typical British worker side effects, coke cans in garage and loads of fag ends on the pavement outside my drive.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Meanwhile, the bed has been completely stripped and left to air

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    LFT: still positive!

At least it took a little while to show this time, rather than lighting up bright red before the sample had even reached the control line the way it has been

And I've also got toothache

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy and sunny. Enthusiastic breeze. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Barometer up a bit to 1009 mBar.

Last night was date night so HWMBO and I went out for cocktails followed by Polish food.

Today, HWMBO heads home and I am off out to meet a friend for lunch.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I'm impressed you managed to watch it all. I don't think I was in the mood for it. Especially after the stewed gooseberries.
    Well, it was more letting it rumble away on the screen in front of me and tuning in and out mentally as and when it seemed more or less interesting

Leave a comment:

Working...
X