• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Every page on the site has exactly the same comments. Very true about my cartoons of course.
    Can't beat an incompetent scammer. I wonder if they make any money off it?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a rack of ribs and chips - but with the smoky BBQ sauce this time rather than the honey glaze, so completely different to last week

It's down to 21°C out and there's even a slight breeze coming through the window, so in here is probably going to drop below 28° soon

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

"This design is very elegant, good quality." High praise indeed!
    Every page on the site has exactly the same comments. Very true about my cartoons of course.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ashdown Forest BBQ was nice. They cooked indoors, thought an outdoor BBQ would send wrong message at mo.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Very odd. A Russian shoe website is selling a number of my crappy cartoons for $28.27.

https://cheap-sale.outletsale2022.ru...0%200.00&id=12
    "This design is very elegant, good quality." High praise indeed!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Very odd. A Russian shoe website is selling a number of my crappy cartoons for $28.27.

https://cheap-sale.outletsale2022.ru...0%200.00&id=12

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I managed to take an early lunch break and get to Sainsbury's, so the shopping has been done

Spotted several people with masks as I was leaving, but the overwhelming majority were spreading their filthy diseases

Lunch was, as last week, a couple of sweet chilli chicken thighs from the lukewarm food counter

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What you want is some site where you put in the serial number and it tells you when your exact model was built, and in which factory (if the manufacturer had multiple).
    Exactly. Proper Track & Trace.

I have access to systems for pharma/med products that do it, but it was more for the things that you know you have had for a long time, but wonder how long.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    NickFitz I might have one for your MLFTB - I don't have the answer, but I do have the question:
    Where can I find out the age of my old electrical devices?

I was drilling a hole earlier (on mute during a Teams meeting) when I realised the box for my B&D KD462A needed taping up again. Which made me think... how old is my faithful electric drill?
    I'm guessing it's late 1990s, but is there a website that will give you the date a product was launched?
    What you want is some site where you put in the serial number and it tells you when your exact model was built, and in which factory (if the manufacturer had multiple).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    NickFitz I might have one for your MLFTB - I don't have the answer, but I do have the question:
    Where can I find out the age of my old electrical devices?

I was drilling a hole earlier (on mute during a Teams meeting) when I realised the box for my B&D KD462A needed taping up again. Which made me think... how old is my faithful electric drill?
    I'm guessing it's late 1990s, but is there a website that will give you the date a product was launched?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This morning's washing was duly dried when I went to check on it so that's been brought in before the sun bleaches it.

Am now going to strip the bed and wash all that.

A ciabatta roll has been baked. Maybe I'll remember to put a filling in it and eat it before 4pm today
    Bed stripped and load #1 is in the WM.

Lunch eaten - the roll was filled with brie and tomato.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    33oC outside

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    This morning's washing was duly dried when I went to check on it so that's been brought in before the sun bleaches it.

Am now going to strip the bed and wash all that.

A ciabatta roll has been baked. Maybe I'll remember to put a filling in it and eat it before 4pm today

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Today's annoyance a Ubuntu box that has lost the link to the .net library that both exists on it and was working yesterday...
    Turns out it's not me - it's a Microsoft screw up....

Link posted here so I can find it later (when it's fixable)..

.net - dotnet sdk is installed but not recognized - Linux Ubuntu/popOS 22.04 - Stack Overflow

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Om.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X