• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan. Very tasty, and also fairly easy to eat with the ongoing toothache

I hope this amoxicillin kicks in soon

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The car programme is doing a clip show. Could anything be more pointless? "Oh, he's taking off that air filter! What a brilliant moment that was, it's so great to see that being removed again!"

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I put a jacket on to travel over to Ealing to get the keys. Didn't need it and ended up having to carry it.

Keys collected successfully and many photos taken of various bits of the house to compare against the check-in report when it lands.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I put a jacket on to travel over to Ealing to get the keys. Didn't need it and ended up having to carry it.

Keys collected successfully and many photos taken of various bits of the house to compare against the check-in report when it lands.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just a bit of toast for late breakfast/early lunch, as I don't have much time - too many meetings almost back-to-back today

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's turned very dull and overcast all of a sudden but apparently still no rain expected.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I pick up the keys to my new gaff at lunchtime today

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

I pick up the keys to my new gaff at lunchtime today

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Morning.

Sunny with clouds. Currently 18 with a high of 21

No rain forecast for today.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Dark.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly at 18.9 deg in here.

Windy.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.663315 psi, (up from 1010), 71% RH.

Tuesday.

Some curious anachronistic dream this morning, something to do with 12th C banks and such like. Most odd.

Walk (abbreviated, alternate horsefly free route) walked. Met the birdy man, first time for a while.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y twittering on about University degree courses & the value thereof.

I wish I hadn't wasted 2 years in luffbra. Complete & utter waste of time & money.

In other news: it's raining now.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Minor potching in garage in a desperate attempt to fit the quart into the pint pot unsuccessfully.

There's a remarkable number of old PCs in there.

Freecell score: 85%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod, stewed gooseberries and custard, two yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Fred Astaire.

Farscape S3 E21 "Into the lion's den Part Deux: wolf in sheep's clothing". The blow it all to tulip one.

Wheeler Dealers: some sort of clip show even less inneresting than usual. Far too much of Motor Mouth. Entire programme on mute.

FBI S1 E19 "Conflict of interest". The Nigerian drug gang one.

Five minutes of something or other about bipedalism and benobo chimps in the DRC before it changed to:

The Bad Skin Clinic. Woman with acne. Swansea chap with a big lump on his head: lipoma, there's tidy then mooosh. There was a brief shot of the river around Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:22.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Supposed to be a sunny start out but there's some fairly large chunks of white fluffiness getting in the way from time to time. Currently 13°C and heading for 21°, and the barometers continue inching upwards at 1009/1017mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Back at my desk and catching up on emails on a cloudy day.
    A week with my dad and then some serious gardening yesterday means I'm glad to be staring at a computer for a few days.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    boiled beef (croc pot) and carrots very nice.

Watching Apparitions an everyday story of possessed folk. How martin Shaw kept a straight face is the real revelation!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I had a look in the database and the whole post was there with nothing obvious to suggest why it might not display in full. So I cleared the server-side cache, and it's OK now

Must be something to do with the edit not triggering a cache update for some reason.
    Cheers, Nick.

Must be sommat to do with the way I edit stuff.

I noticed the Frog Farm thing was on but resisted the urge to watch yet another load of tosh.

If they had the Ark of the Covenant on a chain, then it'd be different. .

Freecell score (first attempt): 86%, running average 85%.

Freecell score (2nd attempt): 100%, running average 85%. :.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    After the opals, more from the frog ranch people. It appears they're trying to retrieve a large box that's in a flooded cave. I suppose it helps pass the time; there isn't a lot else to do in Utah

Anyway, they got a chain attached to it, and next week they're going to use underwater pneumatic drills to break up boulders so they can drag it along the cave to the entrance

Tired now

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X