• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Murky out - drizzle/fog/damp.
    Also slept in, which kiboshed my plans for a big walk.
    9.47km, just over 11,000 steps.
    I've worked out that my (fake) cadence is about 10 min per km + 5 min. The extra 5 min is faff time, picking up Max's project plans, etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy with gaps here and there out. Seems as if it's slightly breezy too, and it will supposedly become more so for a bit this morning before settling down again. Mild again at 11°C and likely to reach 15°, while the barometers are down a touch at 1000/1007mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No further telly tonight, but I've almost finished reading Inside Hitler's Bunker in which the man and his doxy are dead and their bodies burned outside the bunker, the Russians are refusing any terms other than total surrender, and Frau Goebbels is about to poison her children

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The cough is being a PITA (where A = abdomen) this evening.

It seems that sitting in a chair all day doesn't hurt the abs but lying down does. And if I sit up in bed to cough, they still hurt.

Sounds like you can't win

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The cough is being a PITA (where A = abdomen) this evening.

It seems that sitting in a chair all day doesn't hurt the abs but lying down does. And if I sit up in bed to cough, they still hurt.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    VPN, not SSO

Tea has been sausages with chips and beans

Accompanied by the latest episode of Forensics: The Real CSI

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch was assorted charcuterie in a wholemeal butty, with a bag of plain crisps

Bit of a wasted day today. Stuff which was working on Friday had stopped working over the weekend for no obvious reason. Spent ages digging through logs and single-stepping through code, and eventually discovered that the infrastructure people have stuck SSO in front of our API server, rendering it inaccessible to things like the Lambda function that uses the API. No idea why they did this over the weekend, after a year of it being fine without

Anyway, it means that the code I spent much of the day poring over hadn't suddenly stopped working after all - it's just never being executed because the HTTP requests are being knocked back before they even reach it

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Get loads of spam emails to my main account. Dunno how anyone falls for this stuff. An email address of [email protected] is not exactly convincing.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    hello all...
    Hello

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    hello all...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    8.89km walk this morning
    That's good, you obviously ain't an old fart yet. Was tired yesterday morning after another crappy night and was tempted to skip me local woodland volunteer thing at 9.30 but went anyway. Prob. best not to give up on things.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Damp and misty earlier.

Chilly in here at 14.1 deg, 13 in the kitchen, 13 in the leanto, 12.6 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010.5 mBar, 29.84 in Hg, 757.94 Torr, 14.656 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 67 % RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of September 2019 the word of the day was "anfractuosity", a term for which I've found little use, whereas NF was off out to the pub, which threw the expected viewing of John Wick III in some doubt.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Cottons out of the WM and out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. Very poor effort for some reason.

Entertainment: NZ Motorway Patrol. Watched this one before.

NZ customs. 2002's finest.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Canadian customs thing. The usual septics who don't realise it's Another Country.

Oz customs thing: Chinese family with 15 bags of luggage go through minus 45kg of "foods" and minus $360 in fines for not declaring. Some Korean chap with a slight gambling problem, two credit cards belonging to other people refused entry: he's lost $1M and had come back hoping to win some back. It didn't happen. The AFP confiscated the cards which were then destroyed.

Shirts & cottons & smalls in off the line, those that required the iRon met the iRon.

All airing upstairs.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: UFO hunters. Oh feck, the bollox is strong in this one: Dulce Base under Archuleta Mesa: Alien/human hybrids etc etc etc.

The Mentalist S1 E16 "Bloodshot": the one where Patrick is temporarily blinded.

1980s TV with the opera singer chap. Boring. Even reading the latest book was better.

NCIS S20 E8 "Turkey Trot". :. Never a good sign when one of the talent writes the script. Stone me. Boring.

Car SOS S11 E9 Jeep Grand Cherokee I wonder if I'll actually watch this. It seems much less inneresting than it used to. Boring.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 22:35.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Didn't sleep well, but managed 8.89km walk this morning, so already hit the 10,000 steps.
    It was murky when we went out, but that's clearing up and I can even see some blue sky.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with fluff, some flecked with grey. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 15 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1017 mBar.

On the 278 bus to Harlington Corner which was held at Hayes and Harlington Station for a while thus allowing the faster SL9 to overtake.

Slowly mending, but far from 100%, but am making the effort to be on site as I have a meeting this afternoon to find out whether I will be extended at the end of April.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X