• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been salmon baps with a bag of plain crisps

I'll go years at a time without buying a tin of salmon, but I always enjoy it when I remember to get some
    Last edited by NickFitz; Today, 12:15.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

This

Or turn it off and construct an antenna-looking thing that isn't connected to anything, point it at their garden, and see if that has the same effect
    or blame it on the nearest 4/5G mast, or CHEMtrails, or, if all else fails, - immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

tell them it's off, and see if it goes away
    This

Or turn it off and construct an antenna-looking thing that isn't connected to anything, point it at their garden, and see if that has the same effect

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Seems odd she felt dizzy when entering neighbour's garden at closest spot to the router. Wonder if my insomnia has similar causes, must make myself a tin foil hat.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Neighbour next door just came round and asked if I can turn my WiFi off when their gardener is around as it affects her. Makes her dizzy. Thought she must be a loony, but looking on Google, not so sure. Rarely use it anyway, my PC has ethernet.

Some Feel Wi-Fi Is to Blame for Dizziness | Precision Chiropractic West (precisionchirowest.com)
    tell them it's off, and see if it goes away

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Neighbour next door just came round and asked if I can turn my WiFi off when their gardener is around as it affects her. Makes her dizzy. Thought she must be a loony, but looking on Google, not so sure. Rarely use it anyway, my PC has ethernet.

Some Feel Wi-Fi Is to Blame for Dizziness | Precision Chiropractic West (precisionchirowest.com)
    Last edited by xoggoth; Today, 10:18.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 18.3 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto, 13.6 deg in the saltinghouse.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.6343 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of October 2019 there was much talk of Viz (whatever that is), Drunken Bakers (ditto), whilst I got wet wandering aimlessly around Neath as a coffin dodger.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Assorted other stuff that needed washing in the WM.

Assorted other stuff that needed washing out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned along with the tea towels.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment during the above: The Infinite Monkey Cage: S21: Quantum stuff.

The Infinite Monkey Cage: S21: UFOs. :.

The Infinite Monkey Cage: S21: Lucy Beaumont's Close Encounters. : .

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:33.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start for a change. Expected to get cloudier by lunchtime though. It's already 12°C and likely to reach 20°, while the barometers are up a bit more at 1003/1011mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast and damp out, but at least it isn't tipping it down like it did every half hour yesterday

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    This evening's viewing was Trauma Room 1 followed by a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E. I thought there was a new one of the latter, but it turned out to be a clip show

Monday again tomorrow. At least there'll be a new Secretary of State, not that I ever get to move in such exalted circles

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: another microwave meal, as I got a spare the other day in case one wasn't enough, supermarkets' ideas of what "feeds n people" being notoriously unrealistic. This one was "Chinese style" chicken curry and rice. Nice enough, and a bit tastier than the one the other night, but still not as tasty as it might have been

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Bah! Stupid weather forecasters! Nice local outdor music event I wanted to go to was cancelled due to storm risk. Forecast said storms and 75% risk of rain. In fact there has been no rain at all this afternoon, quite a bit of sun bits and I only heard a faint rumble of thunder when the thing would have been nearly finished anyway.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mundane laundry is on, using the SuperQuick Wash&Dry™ cycle

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

And for the first time in years, I watched an F1 race. It was quite a good one, I thought

Leave a comment:

Working...
X