• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Old Police Interceptors was tonight's only viewing, as usual

And later, I read some more of Sam Pepys' account of 1667

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

Nice evening out after a mostly cloudy day

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You actually managed to create a new thread that's readable??
    Yes! Though it did help that I was able to log in to the Admin Control Panel and clear the system cache first, as I know that's been the cause of problems in the past

Ages ago, I was trying to get the new administrators to switch the forum to use an alternative cacheing mechanism (memcached), as the database is under enough strain as it is. But they never got around to it

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: sausages in finger rolls

The formerly ailing freezer continues to function impeccably. No idea what's going on with it

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Links are up
    You actually managed to create a new thread that's readable??

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch was a jacket potato with lashings of butter and a sprinkling of a sharp cheddar.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Humid. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

I received a call about a job this morning. Client in Clapham, outside IR35, 100% on site. Document digitisation project, experience of rollouts of such things with DocuSign needed. £150 a day. That's less than the very first rate I was on when I started in 2005. I doubt I'll be hearing back on that one.

Have been on hold with BT for nearly 45 minutes while I wait for another person to tell me that the service cease that should have happened a month ago isn't closed and it's because of a "system issue" and they'll put in a request and that request will take 24 hours to complete, so call back tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Feeling cr*p after another grotty night's sleep. Was no worse than previous but I felt ok yesterday. Anyway, loony lady 3 later, after exciting trip to the dump with bits of wood and other junk I've been piling up in me shed for 40 years.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast but dry out.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday apparently.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 19.8 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.751 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.61 psi, (unchanged), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile the 24th of October 2019 page was unchanged from yesterday.

Turning over in bed caused much angst in the back, though higher up than lumbago.

It's been like this since the last meeting with the chinese plague, for which much thanks.

Shopping trips to Morrisons (dry) and Tesco (not dry but drizzly on the way back) done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Raining now.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling about tulipe.

TWATO waffling about tulipe. <click>

The Mentalist S1 E21, E22. Well it filled a drizzly grey hour and 20 minutes.

Tea: chilli (tinned) con carne etc. Tasted rather good this time. Must be better quality cow's rectums in that tin.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

The Mentalist S1 E23. EOS1. Red John gets tricky.

Abandoned Engineering. Probably zero engineering content judging by experience.

No Skinwalker Ranch, but the Lost Apollo Tapes instead.

And very probably The Mentalist S2 E1 will fit in there somewhere.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 17:19.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start out but with gas where the sun is getting through, at least partially, from time to time. It's getting warmer, being 16°C with a predicted high of 22°. The barometers are much the same at 1000/1008mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    700kgs of oak sleepers moved, cut, drilled, etc, and then held together with what I am told are “tree nails”, i.e. long pieces of dowel hammered into them to keep them in place.
    I am currently absolutely William Buggered and up to my eyes in pain killers.

Anyway, TFBSZ, back to sitting at my desk tomorrow, recovering.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I did a bit of mucking around with SpriteKit this afternoon which led to me missing the US borders programme, though I caught a bit of the Australian one later. And this evening, Trauma Room 1 followed by a couple of new episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And, of course, keeping an eye on Twitter to see what the Americans are making of the latest developments in their rebellious little colony

In domestic appliance news, I noticed this evening that the alarm light was no longer blinking on the freezer from the old place. I wondered if the LED had finally burnt out or something. There's nothing much in there apart from various bits of bread now, as I'm gradually working out how to adjust my lifestyle to the limited capacity of the resident fridge-freezer. So I opened it up and had a look at the thermometer I keep in there - and it was at -21°C!

So it appears to have started working again, perhaps reminded of its duties by the warm weather. Good news if it remains stable, but I'll wait and see how it goes for a week or three before I risk stocking up…

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ants!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X